ANCHORAGE - The Bakersfield Condors (0-6-0-1, 1 pt) were shutout by the Alaska Aces (7-1-0-0, 14 pts) for the second night in a row, 4-0, on Sunday afternoon at Sullivan Arena.
- Bakersfield killed off two Aces power plays and neither team found the back of the net. Shots even at 9-9.
- Aces goal: F Peter Sivak walked in all alone on a breakaway and beat G Paul Karpowich with a low shot. Time of goal: 4:19, Aces lead, 1-0.
- Aces goal: F Brendan Connolly tipped a C Nick Mazzolini shot past Karpowich. Time of goal: 6:35, Aces lead, 2-0.
- Aces goal: 15 seconds later, F Evan Trupp stole a puck and found the back of the net. Time of goal: 6:50, Aces lead, 3-0.
- Aces goal: On a power play, D Kane Lafranchise blasted a hard shot through traffic and in. Time of goal: 13:21, Aces lead, 4-0.
- Three Stars: 1. Brossoit (AK) 2. Trupp (AK) 3. Sivak (AK)
- Shots on goal: BAK- 16 | AK – 26
- Power plays: BAK- 0/2 | AK – 1/8
- Alaska scored the final 14 goals on the weekend and earned their fourth shutout of the season
- The Condors have been held scoreless for 129:03.
- The Condors had killed off 10 power plays in a row dating back to last Saturday against Florida, until Lafranchise’s goal.
- Condors Scratches: Kessel, Neal, Pageau, Morley, Abney, Haines (21-IR)
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.