CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors enjoyed a successful three-in-three against the Stockton Thunder last week, taking five out of a possible six points and running their record in the last nine games to 6-2-0-1. Bakersfield is 16-34-4-2 on the season with 38 points in the standings.
THIS WEEK (ALL TIMES PACIFIC):
Tuesday, Feb. 28 vs. Utah (7 p.m.)
Thursday, Mar. 1 @ Colorado (6:05 p.m.)
Saturday, Mar. 3 @ Colorado (6:05 p.m.)
WEEK IN REVIEW (Home team in CAPS):
Friday, Feb. 24
Stockton 4 vs. CONDORS 3 (SO)
Bakersfield rallied from 2-1 and 3-2 deficits to force overtime, but the Thunder prevailed in a shootout, 4-3. F Tyler Helfrich, F Peter Boyd and LW Kyle Calder each lit the lamp for Bakersfield in the weekend opener.
Sunday, Feb. 26
Condors 5 vs. STOCKTON 2
Bakersfield once again fell behind 1-0 in the first period, but tied it up late in the frame and busted the game wide open with three in the middle frame en route to a 5-2 win in the weekend finale. Four players had multi-point nights for Bakersfield, including F Peter Boyd, who had 1g-1a and nine shots in the win. G Matt Keetley made 32 saves.
- The Condors have five players with a scoring streak of three or more games:
- Rookie F Parker Stanfield’s streak is now a Condors season-high ten games (5g-10a-15pts during the streak).
- F Peter Boyd had a goal in all three contests on the weekend.
- F Tyler Helfrich has a four-game point streak, recording 3g-3a during the streak and climbing to 7th in the ECHL in rookie scoring.
- F Ian McKenzie has 1g-4a in his four-game point streak.
- LW Kyle Calder (pictured) has a four-game point streak (3g-1a)
- D Ryan Annesley tied a Condors season-high with a +4 on Sunday. He also had an assist in the game.
- Tuesday night will be the first home game against the Utah Grizzlies this season. The two clubs will face each other five times at Rabobank Arena in the last five weeks of the regular season.
- With 16 games left on the schedule, the Condors have just four games remaining against Pacific Division opponents: two games in Stockton and a home-and-home against Las Vegas.
- The Condors will embark on a season-long 12-day road trip on Wednesday. They will play two games in Colorado and three in Idaho before returning home. After that they will play 10 games (nine at home) in the final 18 days of the regular season.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE: (subject to change.)
All practices are at Rabobank Arena unless otherwise indicated
Monday, Feb. 27 – OFF
Tuesday, Feb. 28 – 10 a.m. practice
7 p.m. vs. Utah Grizzlies
Wednesday, Feb. 29 – Travel to Colorado
Thursday, Mar. 1 – 6:05 p.m. at Colorado Eagles
Friday, Mar. 2 – Practice in Colorado
Saturday, Mar. 3 – 6:05 p.m. at Colorado Eagles
Sunday, Mar. 4 – Travel to Idaho
Monday, Mar. 5 – Practice in Idaho
Canned Food Collection & 1/2 Price Beer
CONDORS LEAGUE LEADERS:
21.89 PIM/Game – 2nd
68 major penalties – 2nd
11 shorthanded goals – t-1st
Individual league leaders
F Tyler Helfrich – 38 points (7th, rookies)
RW Scott Freeman – 4 shorthanded goals (t-2nd; 1st, rookies)
LW Hans Benson – 14 major penalties (t-4th)
RW Scott Freeman – 4 game winning goals (t-1st, rookies)
F Robby Dee – 4 shorthanded goals (t-2nd; 1st, rookies)
D Tyson Gimblett – 144 PIM (1st, rookies)
D Tyson Gimblett – 12 major penalties (1st, rookies; 1st, defensemen)
Points: F Tyler Helfrich, 38
Goals: F Robby Dee, 16
Assists: F Tyler Helfrich, 24
PIM: D Tyson Gimblett, 144
+/-: D Josh Van Dyk, +9
GAA: G Matt Keetley, 2.93
Save %: G Matt Keetley, .913
Wins: G Matt Keetley, 11
Individual tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena box office by calling 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. And 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, with extended hours on game days. For more information on ticket packages, exciting promotions, and to sign up for the Kids Club for just $10, visit the online home of the Condors, www.bakersfieldcondors.com.
Follow the Condors all season long, for team news, player moves, promotions, and more on Twitter (@Condors) and Facebook (facebook.com/BakersfieldCondors). Be the first to know!