CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors are proud to announce that third year Condors captain Ryan Hamilton has been named the team’s winner of the IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year award for his contributions to the Bakersfield community during the 2017-18 season.
- WATCH: Hamilton visits Dignity Health hospitals to deliver teddy bears to children
- 12th professional season, third season as Condors captain, and first AHL Man of the Year nomination
- Took it upon himself to visit the pediatric unit of Dignity Health Memorial Hospital to deliver teddy bears and spend time with kids
- Despite breaking two bones in his leg in February, remains a fixture at team events including post-game skates with the team
- Was one of the highest “tip” earners at the team’s Tip A Condor event to raise money for the Kern County Shrine Club
Hamilton is now one of 30 finalists for the AHL’s 2017-18 Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, honoring the overall IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year. The league award is named after the former Hershey Bears forward and AHL All-Star who died in 1997 following a 16-month battle with leukemia. The winner of the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award will be announced by the American Hockey League at a later date.