Nine days out. No time to wonder whose blog it is, or what that person wants to do, or if @KevinBartl is livid that he’s blogging. This is serious stuff. Nine days. That’s as many days as Ferris Bueller was truant. Nine times.
Now for the blog…
– This is an incredible timelapse video of the rink construction from The Bakersfield Californian’s John Harte. Thanks to him for his work these past few weeks.
– This is a cool video showcasing people having fun, outdoors, in Bakersfield, in December. Winter is certainly here.
– This is a good article from the Oilers website and no, not just because they talked to me.
– The NHL Alumni – Celebrity rosters are out. No big deal. Just a few dozen Stanley Cup Winners, led actors from long-running TV shows, and bands with 2.5 million more followers than me.
– Ryan Hamilton will become the first player in AHL history to play in three AHL Outdoor games. Here’s the highlights from his first one with Toronto on January 21, 2012.
– You want food at the game? We have you covered. Nearly 30 local vendors will be churning out food at various locations throughout Memorial Stadium.
– On the ice, Condors start the weekend essentially four games out of a playoff spot. It’s been a crazy year for overtimes in the Pacific Division. Up until last night, Tucson hadn’t won a regulation game since before Thanksgiving, Ontario won three straight past regulation, and San Jose has points in 12 of 13. Certainly, the top four teams (Tucson, Ontario, San Jose, Stockton) are playing well out West, but as we saw with San Diego plummeting from second to seventh, it only takes a few regulation wins (or losses) to find yourself at the top or at the bottom.
– Business as usual down there at practice today. Dillon Simpson is fine after taking a high stick to the cheek last night that cut him open. Guys are focused on the weekend, but you get the sense the outdoor game and festivities are in the back of their mind which will only amplify come Sunday.
Happy New Year everyone!
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty is in his 6th season as the Voice of the Condors. This is outdoor game numero dos for him. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to email@example.com with questions, comments, or blog ideas.