CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors (28-26-2-3, 61pts) took a 1-0 lead into the third period, but fell 4-2 the Idaho Steelheads (32-23-3-4, 71pts) Saturday night at Rabobank Arena.
- CONDORS goal: LW Michael Neal one-timer from the top of the left circle on the power play (Thurber, Knackstedt assists) at 9:10; BAK leads, 1-0
- Shots: BAK – 12 | IDH – 9
- No scoring
- The Condors killed off three power plays in the period, including 3:55 of a double-minor to start the period.
- Shots: BAK – 9 | IDH – 9
- Steelheads goal: D Charlie Dodero slapper from the top of the right circle on the power play at 8:25; tied 1-1
- Steelheads goal: F Justin Mercier swept in a loose puck from the low slot on the power play at 9:18; IDH leads 2-1
- Steelheads goal: F Jason Bast off the rush from the right circle at 12:32; IDH leads 3-1
- CONDORS goal: LW Chris Collins shot from the right circle on the power play at 13:46; IDH leads 3-2
- Steelheads goal: F David de Kastrozza with a shot from the right half-wall at 19:14; IDH leads 4-2
- Shots: BAK - 6 | IDH – 11
W: Kapalka (1-0-0-0, 27/25)
L: Brossoit (20-9-2-0, 29/25)
- Three Stars: 1. Bast (IDH), 2. Collins (BAK), 3. Neal (BAK)
- Final shots:BAK – 27 | IDH – 29
- Power plays: BAK – 2/6 | IDH – 2/5
- Tonight’s loss was the first all season for the Condors when leading after two periods. They are now 18-1-1-0 in those games.
- D Jordan Heywood picked up his first pro point with an assist, while playing in his first pro game.
- D Erik Burgdoerfer earned a Condors season-high 24 penalty minutes in the game – all coming on the same play in the third period.
- The Condors scored twice on the power play for the first time since Feb. 7.
- Bakersfield has surrendered two or more power play goals in four of the last five games.
- Condors equipment manager Rusty Aldridge worked his 1,000th career game tonight
- Scratches: Pageau (21-IR), Bennett (21-IR), Cunningham
NEXT HOME GAMES
Tuesday, Mar. 18 – 2-for-Tuesday, High School/College ID Night
- Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
- Enjoy a combo meal at local Carl’s Jr. locations and receive a 2-for-1 ticket voucher for the game
- High school and college students can purchase $1 lower level tickets by presenting their student ID at the box office
- sponsored by KLLY 95.3 and Carl’s Jr.
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian can be seen on www.Bakersfield.com Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.