CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors split a four-game week, with wins over Idaho and Alaska. The Condors are on home ice for four of the next five games, starting Saturday night against Las Vegas.
Bakersfield is in 7th place in the Western Conference, at 23-22-1-3 and 50 points in the standings. They sit three points behind 6th place Stockton, six points behind 5th place Utah, and just seven points behind the 4th place Colorado Eagles.
Friday, Feb. 14 – IDAHO 4 vs. Condors 3
Saturday, Feb. 15 – IDAHO 6 vs. Condors 3
Monday, Feb. 17 – CONDORS 3 vs. Alaska 0NOTES:
- G Laurent Brossoit recorded his league-leading 6th shutout on Monday. Four of those shutouts have come as a member of the Condors, tying him for the all-time Bakersfield shutout record.
- Brossoit leads the league with a 1.81 GAA and is tied for 2nd with a .932 save percentage.
- RW Jordan Knackstedt is tied for the league lead with five game winning goals.
- F Chase Schaber is tied for 15th in the ECHL in rookie scoring with 26 points.
- D Erik Burgdoerfer recorded his second multi-goal game of the season on Monday. He now has a career-high eight goals this season, and is 5th in the ECHL in shooting percentage for blueliners (11.8%).
- The Condors are 18-4-1-0 when scoring the first goal of the game. Only four teams in the league have a higher winning pct. when taking a 1-0 lead.
- Bakersfield is 2nd in the ECHL at 88.5% on the penalty kill.
Save pct: Brossoit – .932
Saturday, Feb. 22 vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
- 10th annual Condors Fighting Cancer Hockey-Thon – this game is a part of 24 straight hours of hockey as a fundraiser for Bakersfield Relay for Life
- The Condors will wear special purple jerseys for a Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle & Auction – five of the game-issued jerseys will be given away for free.
- Doors open at 4:45 p.m. for a Condors alumni game, featuring past stars
- Alumni game includes appearances by Sean Venedam, who is a former Condors team captain and now a Paralympic hockey medalist, and Chris Kushneriuk, who himself overcame a battle with cancer to return to the ice.
Sponsored by KUZZ 107.9
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” video webcast airs Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m. on www.Bakersfield.com. Check out www.Condors.TV for segments from past episodes.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show airs live every Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.
Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for ticket information.