One of the most anticipated events in all of Bakersfield is this Saturday, when the Condors host the annual Teddy Bear Toss against the Utah Grizzlies. Game time is 7 p.m.
Teddy Bear Toss Fun Facts:
- 60,544 stuffed animals have been collected in the event’s 11 years
- record high toss: 8,075 (2009-10)
- Paul Rosebush is the only two-time teddy bear launching goal scorer (2002-03, 2003-04)
- in 2009-10, RW Stephane Goulet scored the TBT goal
- TBT has been the largest crowd of the season for five seasons in a row
- 5 of the largest 7 crowds in team history have been for TBT
- TBT has drawn 87,167 fans in it’s 11 year history, for an average of 7,924 fans per game
- 5,504 teddy bears/stuffed animals are donated on the average each season
- Over 60 different Kern County agencies were the recipient of teddy bears collected at the event last season alone. The United Way distributes the bears for the Condors.
- The earliest TBT goal: 4:59 of the 1st period (2002-03; Rosebush)
- The latest TBT goal: 5:46 of the 3rd period (2004-05; Connor James)
- This will be the first time playing Utah on TBT night. Fresno and Alaska are the only repeat opponents.
Fans are encouraged to bring a new or gently used teddy bear/stuffed animal to the game, and when the Condors score their first goal of the night, throw them onto the ice. The bears will be collected by the United Way. Teddy Bear Toss is sponsored by 29 Eyewitness News, KERN 1180 and Wells Fargo.