https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-12-20-FInal-Twitter-.jpg 300 600 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2015-12-20 17:54:282015-12-20 17:54:28Ford scores in Condors OTL
ONTARIO, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors (11-11-2-1, .500) head to the holiday break after picking up a point in a 2-1 overtime loss to the Pacific Division-leading Ontario Reign (16-4-2-1; .761) on Sunday afternoon at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
- No scoring
- Shots: BAK: 4 | ONT – 5
- CONDORS GOAL: RW Matthew Ford (11) redirected a shot on the power play. Assists: Hunt, Platzer; Time of goal: 11:22; BAK leads, 1-0
- Shots: BAK: 11 | ONT – 10
- REIGN GOAL: LW Joel Lowry (1) finished off a backdoor pass. Assists: Ebert, Schultz; Time of goal: 5:20; Game tied, 1-1
- Shots: BAK: 5 | ONT – 10
- RW Sean Backman (6) scored on the first shot of overtime
Three Stars: 1. Backman (ONT) 2. Lowry (ONT) 3. Budaj (ONT)
Final Shots: BAK: 20 | ONT – 26
Power plays: BAK: 1/11 | ONT – 0/5
BAK – Scrivens (2-6-1; 26/24)
ONT – Budaj (15-3-2; 20/19)
– D Mark Fayne was recalled by the Edmonton Oilers prior to today’s game
– D Brad Hunt picked up his team-leading 21st point of the season on the Ford goal
– The 11 power plays were a season-high for the Condors
– Scratches: McRae (inj.), Winquist (inj.), Jones (inj.), Brossoit (inj.), Reinhart (inj.), Pitlick (inj.)
TABLET GIVEAWAY AND SOCK TOSS SUNDAY ARE CHRISTMAS WEEKEND
The Condors host Stockton the day after Christmas for computer tablet giveaway. Everyone in attendance can enter to win one of ten HP Pro Slate 10 tablets, sponsored by La Caliente 96.9 and XIT Solutions.
On Sunday, Dec. 27 the San Diego Gulls come to town for a 5 p.m. start time, for Sock Toss Sunday, presented by 97.3 JACK FM. Fans are asked to bring new, still in the wrapper undergarments – socks, boxers, briefs, diapers, bras, etc. – and when the Condors score their first goal of the night, throw them onto the ice. The items will be donated to local charities and living facilities. Over 12,000 garments have been collected in the last two seasons through this event.