https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Pitty_kid.jpg 300 600 condors https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BAK-Website-Header_2324.png condors2016-04-25 13:31:292016-04-25 13:31:29NEED TO KNOW: Babies and more!
NEED TO KNOW: Babies and more!
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Every Monday, the Condors will give you what you need to know about Condorstown and the world of hockey for the upcoming week. Time to dive on in…
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PITLICKS! BORN IN BAKERSFIELD!
- Condors winger Tyler Pitlick and fiancee Sara welcomed their first child on Sunday morning, Tatum Rae
- The Pitlicks aren’t the only Condors connection expecting this summer as winger Matt Ford and wife Cassie are set to have their first child in July
NHL PLAYOFFS CONTINUE TONIGHT
- How does your bracket look? Tonight, the Anaheim Ducks look to join the San Jose Sharks as the second California team in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs in Game 6 against the Nashville Predators. Puck drop is at 5 p.m. on CNBC (wait, what channel is that on? DirecTV: 355; AT&T U-Verse: 216; DISH: 208; Bright House Networks: 1088)
- In the other big game, the Chicago Blackhawks take on the St. Louis Blues in Game 7 of their first round series. That game starts at 5:30 p.m. on NBCSN
AHL PLAYOFFS WITH CONDORS CONNECTIONS
- The AHL’s Calder Cup Playoffs are in full swing with former ECHL Condors Head Coach Troy Mann (pictured above), assistant coach Ryan Murphy, and captain Erik Burgdoerfer tied 1-1 in their best-of-5 series with Hershey (Washington Capitals) against Portland (Florida Panthers)
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Pittsburgh Penguins) and Lake Erie (Columbus Blue Jackets) became the first teams to clinch spots in the second round
- Out West, former Edmonton Oilers head coach Todd Nelson has the Grand Rapids Griffins (Detroit Red Wings) up 2-0 on the Milwaukee Admirals (Nashville Predators)
- In the Pacific, San Diego (Anaheim Ducks) heads home tied 1-1 with Texas (Dallas Stars) while Ontario (Los Angeles Kings) and San Jose (San Jose Sharks) head to the Inland Empire level at one game apiece.
- Follow all of the AHL action here
NEED TO RELOCATE? YOU HAVE TILL THE END OF THE WEEK!
- Condors members can relocate to open seats around the arena from now thru the end of the week
- If you have had your eye on a different section or wanted to upgrade to a different level, NOW is the time to do it by calling 324-PUCK (7825)
- Coming up in May, members and non-members can take advantage of a select-a-seat event where fans can meet with staff, pick their seats, and get the perfect plan for your family
CONDORS SIGN A PAIR TO AHL CONTRACTS
Signings are already underway for the 2016-17 AHL season and the Condors kicked it off by signing LW Joey Benik (pictured above) and second-year pro LW Scott Allen
- Benik had one assist in four games with the Condors at the end of last season while Allen had 30 points (13g-17a) in 37 games for Norfolk (ECHL)
- There will be announcements of player signings periodically throughout the summer, including a BIG name this week. Stay tuned…
FIELD TRIP DAY – COMMIT YOUR SCHOOL OR CLASS FOR NEXT YEAR NOW!
Everyone’s favorite field trip, the Condors annual Field Trip Educational Day, will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 10:30 a.m. Commit your school or class today by calling 324-PUCK (7825). The day includes educational themed games, a take-home booklet, a nutritious lunch, and plenty of fun for all ages!