Listen folks. Opening Night is October 17. That may be 36 days away, but subtract 14 for training camp and another 3 for when players arrive and we have 19 days left of “the offseason.”
So we don’t have time to get flowery with the blog.
Some blogs are long. Some are short. Some make no sense. But all of them are my blog and I’ll do what I want…
Yada yada yada … here’s what you need to know.
– The Condors coaching staff just got back in town from a few days in Edmonton meeting and strategizing with Edmonton and Oklahoma City personnel. It was snowing up there. Talked to J.F. today and he said it was great to sit down with the crew up there and he also got to hear from Mark Messier who was in town to help pump up the reunion of the 1984 Stanley Cup Champion team.
– 2013-14 Condors G Laurent Brossoit, F Mitch Holmberg, F Kale Kessy, D Martin Gernat, and D David Musil are all participating in the Penticton Young Stars Tournament against other rookies. Watch all three games on EdmontonOilers.com. Full schedule
– Speaking of LB … here’s an interview with him from today.
– I think I took my best headshot in my four years in Condorstown yesterday. But the bar wasn’t set very high.
– Alaska announced a dual-affiliation with Minnesota and St. Louis earlier this week, meaning that all 21 ECHL teams will be affiliated with an NHL team this season.
– The Seinfeld jersey tweet from @Condors was viewed 268,141 times on Twitter. That does not count the tweet from ESPN to over 11 million people. That’s absurd when you think about it.
– The Job Fair is this Tuesday. Want to work for us on game nights? Come on down. I’m the hardest interviewer, no doubt.
– I was walking to Mr. Guardiano’s 8th grade history class at the then Weymouth Junior/Senior High School on this day 13 years ago when the world changed. I’ll never forget that. Watch this piece from ESPN on a former BC lacrosse player and how they’re honoring him this week.
Until next time Condorstown… Remember to always tip your waiters/waitresses.
Ryan Holt a.k.a. “Holty” is entering his fourth season in Condorstown. He went with the orange chicken, broccoli beef, and fried rice from Panda Express today. Follow him on Twitter @BroadcastHolt or shoot him an email firstname.lastname@example.org