CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that Central Valley Physical Therapy will serve as the team’s official physical therapist for the 2013-14 season. In addition, Andy Hong, of Central Valley Physical Therapy, has been named the team’s head athletic trainer for the upcoming campaign.
“This is a new and exciting opportunity for CVPT to partner with the Condors and the community,” said Zach Luce, DPT, OCS, and Director of Central Valley Physical Therapy. “We are really looking forward to this season!”
Central Valley Physical Therapy’s motto is simple, “not getting better is not an option.” CVPT boasts a team of highly educated practitioners at an accessible location in Bakersfield, to provide the best possible rehabilitation process. They are part of a group of physical therapist-owned, national award-winning private practice clinics, collectively called Team Movement for Life. As a team, these clinics strive to better their communities through adding value to people’s lives with Movement for Life.
Hong comes to the Condors from the Bakersfield Jam where heserved as an Assistant Athletic Trainer for the 2012-13 season. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from Point Loma Nazarene University and is currently pursuing his Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Science from California University of Pennsylvania.
In addition, Jason Kibbey has been named the team’s strength and conditioning coach. He has eight
years experience in the fitness industry, earning his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from California State University, Bakersfield with a concentration in Exercise Science. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist/Personal Trainer at Body Xchange Health Clubs in Bakersfield.
The Condors medical/specialists staff for the 2013-14 season:
- Christopher Hamilton, M.D., Southern California Orthopedic Institute – has worked with the Condors every season in team history, located at 2400 Bahamas Drive, oversees orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery.
- Emmanuel Strategos, M.D., Strategos Medical Group – 15th season with the Condors, member of the American Board of Internal Medicine, located at 9330 Stockdale Hwy.
- Bruce Rimmer, D.M.D. – Dr. Rimmer has worked with the Condors every year since their inception and also worked with the Fog, located at 201 New Stine Rd.
- Jeffrey D. Haynes, D.C., Haynes Chiropractic – entering 15th season with the Condors, specializing in sports injuries, workers compensation and personal injury, located at 3865 Stockdale Hwy.
- David B. Hair, M.D., Bakersfield Eye Institute – entering sixthseason with the Condors, services include eye exams, cataract surgery, cornea transplants and surgeries, LASIK, glaucoma testing and treatment, diabetic eye care and more, located at 7508 Meany Avenue.
- Kern Radiology – Full-service radiology center specializing in MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and diagnostic X-ray, their medical staff consists of 10 board-certified radiologists, located at 2301 Bahamas Drive.
- Dignity Health Mercy and Memorial Hospitals will serve as the team’s official hospitals, and as a presenting sponsor.
- The Condors official supplier of pharmaceutical supplies is El Tejon Pharmacy, in their fifth season with the team, located at 2819 N. Chester Ave.
“We have such a loyal and dedicated group of doctors and specialists watching over our team,” said Condors President Matthew Riley. “Several of these folks have been with us as long as the Condors have been in existence, and we have great trust in their expertise in handling our players. We appreciate all the work that they’ve done throughout the years, and encourage our fans to trust them for their health needs as well.”
Download roster: Click here
Pre-order new jerseys: Click here
Download 2013-14 Condors schedule: Click here
Opening Night Countdown: 24 days; Tickets just $10/month
Don’t miss Opening Night when the Condors host the Colorado Eagles on Friday Oct. 18! Queen Victoria, the world famous Condor, will make a special encore appearance and we’ll give away 2,000 Angry Birds plush hats, for kids 12 and under. Click here to see all of the great, family fun promotions announced. Ticket packages are on sale now for the 2013-14 season for just $10/month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.
Best ways to use your season tickets, #70: Reconnect with an old friend.