CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that the team has signed RW Tyler Brenner and C Chase Schaber. In addition, the team has acquired Alta Loma, Calif. native D Joe Marciano from the Orlando Solar Bears in exchange for future considerations. A full training camp roster will be announced later today.
- 6’2″, 201, 25 years old, Linwood, Ontario
- Enters his third professional season, after playing 32 games during the 2012-13 season in Bakersfield, assigned by the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs, and notched 21pts (8g-13a).
- Finished the season with the Toledo Walleye where he registered two goals, and four assists for six points in 21 games.
- Has played 29 AHL games, all with the Toronto Marlies, scoring three goals and adding six assists for nine points.
- Tremendous collegiate career at Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T.) finishing with 102pts (55g-47a) in 108 games.
- His 55 goals are tied for most in school history and his time at R.I.T. included a berth in the NCAA Frozen Four.
Troy’s Take: “Tyler is a guy who had some success here in Bakersfield last season. He can play in all situations, plays a physical style of game, but is very skilled for a bigger player.”
- 5’11”, 183 lbs., 22 years old, Red Deer, Alberta
- Attended 2013 AHL training camp with Oklahoma City.
- Turned pro at the end of 2012-13, playing 11 regular season games and 17 playoff games with the Idaho Steelheads (ECHL).
- Fifth on the Steelheads in playoff scoring with 10pts (2g-8a) in 17 games.
- Led the University of Lethbridge in scoring in 2012-13 with 18pts (8g-10a) in 19 games.
- Played five seasons in the Western Hockey League (WHL) with Calgary and Kamloops, serving as the Blazers captain in 2010-11, and 2011-12.
Troy’s Take: “I had an opportunity to watch Chase during Oklahoma City’s training camp and was impressed with his skill level and ability. He had a good postseason last year in Idaho and we’re looking forward to seeing him in a Condors sweater.”
- 6’2″, 209 lbs., 23 years old, Alta Loma, California
- Turned pro at the end of 2012-13, playing three games with the Orlando Solar Bears.
- Played four seasons at Colorado College with 26 points (7g-19a) in 152 games.
- 2011-12: Received the Tigers Most Improved Player Award as a junior.
- Played his junior hockey for the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) where he led the team with a +18 rating in 2008-09.
- Prior to Omaha, he played for the U18 and U17 United States National Development Program teams.
Troy’s Take: “Another big body on the blue line who is responsible in his own end. He had a good college career for a very good hockey program and will provide valuable depth on the back end for us.”
Download roster: Click here
Pre-order new jerseys: Click here
Download 2013-14 Condors schedule: Click here
Opening Night Countdown: 15 days; Tickets just $10/month
Don’t miss Opening Night when the Condors host the Colorado Eagles on Friday Oct. 18! Queen Victoria, the world famous Condor, will make a special encore appearance and we’ll give away 2,000 Angry Birds plush hats. Click here to see all of the great, family fun promotions announced. Ticket packages are on sale now for the 2013-14 season for just $10/month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.