https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-02-10-Brossoit-Ladder-.jpg 300 600 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2016-02-10 10:59:072016-02-10 10:59:07Brossoit recalled, Nilsson assigned
CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors announced today that G Laurent Brossoit has been recalled by the Edmonton Oilers. In addition, the Oilers have assigned G Anders Nilsson to the Condors. Should Brossoit play, he would become the 14th player to see action in Bakersfield and Edmonton this season. Nilsson will not be available for the Condors tonight as they face-off against the San Diego Gulls on the road at 7:05 p.m.
BROSSOIT – stats; 22 years old, 6’3″, 200 lbs., Surrey, British Columbia
- Named to the American Hockey League (AHL) All-Star Classic
- 14-8-3 with a 2.70 goals-against average and a .921 save percentage
- Made his NHL debut on April 9, 2015 against San Jose, stopping 49 of 51 shots; the 49 saves was the most in an NHL debut since 1998
- Made the second most appearances for any AHL netminder in 2014-15 with 53
NILSSON – stats; 25 years old, 6’5″, 229 lbs., Lulea, Sweden
- First season with the Oilers organization after signing in the offseason from the KHL (Russia)
- 10-12-2 with Edmonton with a 3.14 GAA and a .901 save percentage
- Last season, he went 20-9-8 with Kazan Ak-Bars in the KHL including a league-best 1.71 goals against average
- Went 15-8-2 as a rookie in the AHL with Bridgeport in 2011-12 including being named AHL Goaltender of the Month for February 2012
- Drafted in the third round (#62 overall) by the New York Islanders in 2009
$5 Frenzy MLB-Condors Hats and Cereal Bowls Next Weekend
After taking to the road for the next three games, the Condors return home next Friday and Saturday, Feb. 19 & 20. Friday night is $5 Frenzy Night, sponsored by Fox Sports 970AM and SC Architect. Get a Condors hat in the colors of your favorite baseball team, the Dodgers, Angels, Giants or A’s, for just $5 while supplies last (hint: the Dodgers hats will probably run out first). On Saturday, the first 2,000 kids 12 and under get a Condors cereal bowl, sponsored by Eyewitness News, 98.5 The Fox and Rabobank. Contact the Condors for more information at 324-PUCK (7825).