CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today details of more outrageously awesome promotions for the 2013-14 including a throwback Bakersfield Oilers jersey off our backs night, appearances from SpongeBob SquarePants, Captain America & Thor, and the first-ever Cemetery Plot Giveaway night.
MMA NIGHT – TJ DILLASHAW APPEARANCE
- Saturday, Dec. 7 (7 p.m.)
- With a record of 9-1, Angels Camp, California’s own T.J. Dillashaw has certainly made a name for himself in the UFC’s Bantamweight Division. He’ll be on hand to to take pictures in the Condors photo booth and sign autographs.
- Watch TJ fight TONIGHT at 4 p.m. as part of UFC Fight Night on Fox Sports 1. For more info click here.
- Friday, Dec. 13 (7 p.m.)
- Stay tuned for big details regarding this night.
- Saturday, Dec. 14 (7 p.m.)
- The first 2,000 kids, 12 and under, take home a Condors mohawk.
THOR APPEARANCE/SKATE WITH THE CONDORS
- Sunday, Dec. 29 (4 p.m.)
- Hitting theaters with “Thor: The Dark World” this fall, Thor will stop by Condorstown to take pictures in the Condors photo booth.
- After the game, bring your skates and hit the ice with the team. Limited skate rental available for $5.
HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE ID NIGHT
- Tuesday, Jan. 14 (7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 18 (7 p.m.)
- High school and college students who show a valid student ID at the box office will receive a $1 ticket for the game.
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS/SKATE WITH THE TEAM
- Sunday, Jan. 19 (7 p.m.)
- ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ya ready kids?!? He lives in a pineapple under the sea, but he’ll venture to Condorstown to take pictures in the Condors photo booth.
- After the game, bring your skates and hit the ice with the ice. Limited skate rental available for $5.
CEMETERY PLOT GIVEAWAY
- Friday, Jan. 31 (7 p.m.)
- Certainly we don’t wish death on anyone, but when you live to be 120 years old and the time comes, we have you covered. Fans will have the opportunity to enter to win one grand prize of two cemetery plots (his and hers?!) and one lucky (or unlucky?!) fan will win.
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 (7 p.m.)
- Stock up on $1 hot dogs with beer sold at half-price through the end of the first intermission.
FAITH NIGHT (FCA BOOK GIVEAWAY)
- Friday, Feb. 28 (7 p.m.)
- Ideal for church groups and families, the Condors will giveaway 1,000 Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) books featuring Condors CGary Steffes.
- Gary has traveled the world promoting the game of hockey and will speak after the game about his experiences.
HOCKEY PUCK SOAP GIVEAWAY
- Sunday, March 2 (4 p.m.)
- It’s a Condors hockey puck that will also keep your hands nice and clean! The first 2,000 fans, 5 and older, will receive one to put in their bathroom or near the sink.
- Saturday, March 22 (7 p.m.)
- Much like last season, there will be two different styles to choose from (while supplies last) and the first 2,000 fans, 5 and older, will be able to sport these hats around town.
- Two options, flat-bill and rounded, for everyone to choose from!
BAKERSFIELD OILERS JERSEY OFF OUR BACKS
- Friday, March 28 (7 p.m.)
- The team will honor its roots and current NHL affiliation ties with a Bakersfield Oilers jersey to be worn that night. During and following the game, the team will auction the jerseys off for charity.
- CALLING ALL HAIRY BACKS. If you or the man in your life have a hairy back, you could win some serious prizes at our first-ever Hairiest Back Contest during the intermissions.
CAPTAIN AMERICA APPEARANCE
- Friday, April 11 (7 p.m.)
- The movie “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” hits theaters right before his appearance in Condorstown! See the movie, and then come to the game to get your picture with him in the Condors photo booth.
These are in addition to all of the awesome promos already announced. To view the promotional calendar, click here.
Download 2013-14 Condors schedule: Click here
Opening Night Countdown: 10 days; Tickets just $10/month
Don’t miss Opening Night when the Condors host the Colorado Eagles on Friday Oct. 18! Queen Victoria, the world famous Condor, will make a special encore appearance and we’ll give away 2,000 Angry Birds plush hats. Click here to see all of the great, family fun promotions announced. Ticket packages are on sale now for the 2013-14 season for just $10/month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.