https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015_07_02_fordwinquist.jpg 380 669 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2015-07-02 10:45:352015-07-02 10:45:35Condors add Ford and Winquist to the roster
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today the signing of RW Matt Ford and LW Josh Winquist to AHL contracts.
Matt Ford (30 years old; 6-1, 210 lbs; West Hills, CA)
- Veteran player entering his third year in the Oilers organization
- Spent the last two seasons with Oklahoma City (AHL)
- Led the Barons in 2014-15 in assists (34) and was third in points (53), goals (19) and power play goals (7)
- Led the Barons with 25 goals in 2013-14 and finished fourth in points (47)
- Has recorded 122g-133a-255pts in 416 AHL games with OKC, Springfield, Adirondack, Hershey, and Hartford
- Was Oklahoma City’s AHL Man of the Year in 2014-15 for his work in the community
- Won an NCAA National Championship with the University of Wisconsin in 2006
- Originally drafted in 2004 by the Chicago Blackhawks (8th round)
- Hails from West Hills, California (Los Angeles area)
Josh Winquist (22 years old; 6-0, 180 lbs; St. Albert, Alberta)
- Recorded 19 points (8g-11a) and was +7 in 46 AHL games with Oklahoma City during his rookie season in 2014-15
- Had 23pts (5g-18a) in 18 games with Bakersfield in the ECHL last season
- Led the ECHL in rookie scoring at the time of his call up to OKC in December
- Added four points (2g-2a) in 10 Calder Cup Playoff games with the Barons last season
Under AHL contract for 2015-16
RW Matt Ford
LW Josh Winquist
G Ty Rimmer
LW Braden Christoffer
LW Connor Rankin
C Alexis Loiseau
D Nick Pageau
The Condors unveiled their new look for the 2015-16 season, their first in the American Hockey League. Visit the Condors team store online and reserve your jersey today. Pucks, mini-sticks and other novelties are currently also available.
BE A PART OF HISTORY!!
Join the Condors on their historic move to the American Hockey League in 2015-16. Become a ticket member and enjoy all of the great benefits by contacting the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) or click here for more information.