Condors bring 4-game win streak back to home ice this week
Host two games against Stockton after Christmas
Bakersfield, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors completed the week with a perfect 2-0-0-0 record, as they defeated the Ontario Reign on back-to-back nights. The Condors are now 12-13-1-0 this season and are third in the Pacific Division, seven points out first place, which is held by Las Vegas. The Condors trail Stockton, who they play twice this week, by three points for second in the Pacific Division.
THIS WEEK (ALL TIMES PACIFIC):
Sunday, Dec. 26 vs. Stockton (6 p.m.)
Monday, Dec. 27 vs. Stockton (7 p.m.)
WEEK IN REVIEW (Home team in CAPS):
Friday, Dec. 17
Condors 4 @ ONTARIO 1
Bakersfield jumped out to an early 1-0 lead when LW Kyle Calder knocked home a rebound on a shot from C Joel Broda. RW Pascal Morency increased the lead to 2-0 with a power play goal at the 13:19 mark as the Condors took the 2-0 lead into the first intermission. F Bobby Robins scored his first goal of the season just 35 seconds into the middle frame, before F Kyle Kreamer scored the only Reign goal of the night. D Evan Stoflet capped off the scoring with his first of the year at 2:08 of the third as the Condors defeated the Reign 4-1.
Saturday, Dec. 18
Condors 5 @ ONTARIO 1
For the second straight night, the Condors got on the board first when RW Pascal Morency scored the first of three Condors power play goals of the night, deflecting in a shot from C Joel Broda. The Reign were able to knot the score up at one when C Aaron Lewadniuk scored on a penalty shot, and the teams took the 1-1 score into the first intermission. F Bobby Robins scored his second goal of the weekend when he put a rebound into the top shelf while the Condors held a 5-on-3 man advantage. Bakersfield never looked back as C Pete Zingoni scored the third power play goal of the night 1:30 into the third to put Bakersfield up 3-1. F Andrew Ianiero scored just under three minutes later, and RW Stephane Goulet scored his team-leading 11th goal of the season at the 7:38 mark as the Condors took a 5-1 victory.
PLAYER AND TEAM NOTES:
- The Condors have won all of their last four games, outscoring their opponents 18-6 in the process.
- F Bobby Robins and D Evan Stoflet both scored their first goals of the year on Friday night. C Pete Zingoni picked up his first goal as a Condor on Saturday.
- G Josh Tordjman has now won four straight starts, recording a 1.50 GAA and a .942 save percentage during that span.
- Minnesota assignees C Joel Broda and C Pete Zingoni returned to Houston (AHL) after the games in Ontario. In their four games with the Condors, Broda recorded two goals and five assists and Zingoni scored once and added two helpers.
- The Condors are second in the ECHL in PIM with 578. Victoria leads the league with 656 PIM.
- F Slava Trukhno has recorded two or more points in 5 of his 11 games. He has had 3 points in a game three times.
- The Condors have not allowed a power play goal in 14 straight opponent opportunities, including all eight over the past weekend. They have killed 16 of 18 during their four-game winning streak.
- The penalty shot goal on Saturday was the first allowed in more than a Calendar year, and only the third allowed November, 2003 – over seven full years.
- RW Pascal Morency and D Joey Ryan both left Saturday’s game with injuries. Their status will be evaluated later this week.
ON THE DOCKET:
The Condors are at home for a pair of games against the Stockton Thunder on Sunday and Monday. On Sunday, Dec. 26, the Condors will be giving away Lunch Box Tins to the first 2,000 kids, 12 and under, courtesy of ABC23, La Preciosa 105.3, and American Business Machines. There will also be a Boxing Day collection, as you can box up your items to donate to Goodwill at the game. Following the game, fans are invited to Skate with the Condors, limited skate rental is available for $5, and fans are encouraged to bring their own skates.
Monday, Dec, 27, is High School and College ID night, sponsored by My 45 and 92.5 La Campesina. All college and high school students can receive $1.00 lower level admission by presenting their student ID at the Box Office.
Both games this week can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, online at foxsports970am.com, and on your smartphone through the iheartradio app. You can also watch both games streaming live through America One. Sunday’s game can also be seen live on Bright House Networks Cable Channel 21.
CONDORS LEAGUE LEADERS:
RW Pascal Morency – .333 shooting percentage (1st, ECHL)
RW Erick Lizon – 117 PIM (2nd, ECHL)
RW Erick Lizon – 9 major penalties (t-2nd, ECHL)
Condors – 578 PIM (2nd, ECHL)
Condors – 31 major penalties (t-1st, ECHL)
Goals – RW Stephane Goulet, (11)
Assists –C Adam Naglich (14)
PIM – RW Erick Lizon (117)
Plus/Minus – D Evan Stoflet (+7)
GAA – G Josh Tordjman (2.85)
Wins – G Josh Tordjman (8)
Save Percentage – G Josh Tordjman (.914)
STILL TIME FOR LAST MINUTE SHOPPING:
The Condors office will be open under normal hours through Thursday, Dec. 23. The office will be closed on the 24th and 25th, and will re-open at noon on Sunday, Dec. 26. It will be open under normal hours on Monday, Dec. 27.
The Condors Team Store will be open during normal hours through Thursday, Dec. 23. It will be closed on the 24th and 25th, and will re-open on Monday, Dec. 27th. For more details, call 324-6388(NETT).
Individual tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena Box Office. Box Office hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday, and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday, with extended hours on game and event days. You can also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit them online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket packages start at just $31! Call the Condors office at 324-PUCK (7825) or go online to www.bakersfieldcondors.com for more information.
The Box Office will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25, and will re-open on Sunday at noon. It will be open at 10 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 27.
Tickets for the 2011 ECHL All-Star Classic, to be held in Bakersfield on Jan. 26, 2011, are on sale now. Visit www.echlallstarclassic.com for further details on the event. Call the Condors office at 324-PUCK(7825) or go online to www.bakersfieldcondors.com for more information.