WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – The Bakersfield Condors (16-18-1-2, 35pts) made things interesting late, but fell 3-2 to the Utah Grizzlies (16-16-3-4, 39pts) in a battle of two of the hottest teams in the ECHL on Friday night at Maverik Center.
- CONDORS goal: D George Hughes (3rd) from the center point off a face-off win. Assist: Broda; Time of goal: 3:26;Condors lead, 1-0
- Utah goal: F Jamie MacQueen’s wrist shot from inside the right point got the Grizzlies on the board. Time of goal: 10:57;Game tied, 1-1
- Shots: BAK – 10 | UTAH – 10
- Utah goal: Macqueen scored his second of the night off a rush down the left-wing. Time of goal: 2:47; Utah leads, 2-1
- Utah goal: F Danick Paquette’s wrist shot from the high slot found the back of the cage. Time of goal: 17:22; Utah leads, 3-1
- Shots: BAK – 10 | UTAH – 16
- CONDORS goal: F Michael Neal snapped a shot off from the left-wing circle late to cut the deficit in half. Assists: Thurber, Burgdoerfer; Time of goal: 19:24; Utah leads, 3-2
- Bakersfield pulled the netminder, but could not get an equalizer.
- Shots: BAK – 8 | UTAH – 10
L: Brossoit (36/33; 9-3-0-1)
- Three Stars (from Ryan Holt): 1. MacQueen (UTAH); 2. Neal (BAK); 3. Dell (UTAH)
- Final shots: BAK – 28 | UTAH – 36
- Power plays: BAK – 0/6 | UTAH – 0/5
- Bakersfield and Utah meet again on Saturday night at 6:05 p.m. PST
- The Condors had their four-game streak with at least a point (3-0-0-1) came to an end with the loss
- C Joel Broda (4g-4a) extended their point streak to five games
- The Condors are 2-1-0 against Utah this season
- Scratches: Pageau, Steffes, Abney, Gawryletz, Hopfner, Watson
Friday, Jan. 31 vs. Utah Grizzlies
- One lucky fan will win a free cemetery plot for two at Historic Union Cemetery.
- Sponsored by Historic Union Cemetery & 97.3 JACK FM
Saturday, Feb. 1 vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Lakers v. Clippers Basketball Giveaway – first 2,000 fans, 17 & under, will get their choice. Whichever team runs out first will be declared the fan favorite of Condorstown
- Sponsored by KERN 1180 AM
Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.