Bakersfield, Calif. – Bakersfield split a home-and-home series with the Ontario Reign as each team earned a victory at home, as the Condors went 1-1-0-0 last week. The Condors now have 48 points this season, which places them third in the Pacific Division. They trail the first place Las Vegas Wranglers by eleven points, and second place Stockton by five points.
THIS WEEK (ALL TIMES PACIFIC):
Wednesday, Feb. 9 @ Idaho (6:10 p.m.)
Friday, Feb. 11 @ Idaho (6:10 p.m.)
Saturday, Feb. 12 @ Idaho (6:10 p.m.)
WEEK IN REVIEW (Home team in CAPS):
Friday, Feb. 4
CONDORS 5 vs. Ontario 1
F Bobby Robins picked had a goal, an assist, and a fight in front of 7,823 fans, as the Condors knocked off the Ontario Reign 5-1 on Friday night. The teams went tied 1-1 into the first intermission, but D Erik Burgdoerfer scored his second of the year halfway through the second period, and the Condors led 2-1 after two. C Joel Broda, RW Stephane Goulet, and F Jean-Marc Beaudoin (shorthanded) all scored in the third period as the Condors secured a 5-1 win.
Saturday, Feb. 5
ONTARIO 4 vs. Condors 3
The two teams traded goals in the first period, as F Michael Gergen scored for Bakersfield. After the Reign scored two straight in the second, F Slava Trukhno cut the lead to 3-2 with less than a minute remaining in the frame. C Adam Naglich tied the game at 3-3 with a shorthanded goal early in the third, but F Jordan Morrison knocked home the Reign’s second power play goal of the night, to knock off the Condors 4-3.
Notes from the Nest:
- F Bobby Robins notched his fourth “Gordie Howe hat trick” of the season during the Condors 5-1 win at home on Friday. Robins has 7 goals on the season, and has fought in 5 of the 7 games in which he has scored. A Gordie Howe hat trick consists of a goal, an assist, and a fight.
- D Erik Burgdoerfer scored his second goal of the year, the game-winner against Ontario, on Friday. Both of his goals this season have been game-winning goals to sink the Reign.
- The Condors crowd of 7,823 was their second largest of the year. The largest was 8,327 on Nov. 27 for Teddy Bear Toss.
- G Josh Tordjman recorded 2 PIM for roughing on Saturday, giving him 31 PIM this season. He is one shy of the Condors record for career PIM by a goalie, currently held by Scott Hay (32 PIM).
- The Condors had a player leave a game due to birth of a child for the second time this season, when F Andrew Ianiero left after the first period on Saturday. C Rylan Kaip left for similar reasons on Oct. 22, when the Condors were in Utah.
- The Condors stayed perfect against Ontario at home, improving their record to 3-0-0 at home and 7-2-0 overall against Ontario.
Coming up this week:
The Condors have three games in Idaho before starting a stretch of 6 of their next 7 games on home ice. The Victoria Salmon Kings are in town on Tuesday, Feb. 15, and their week closes with a three-in-three set against Ontario on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
All three games this week can be heard on Fox Sports 970 AM, online at foxsports970am.com , and on your smartphone through the iheartradio app. You can also watch the games streaming live through America One. Friday’s game in Idaho will be joined in progress following the Lakers game, which begins at 5 p.m. as the Lakers travel to New York to play the Knicks.
Monday – 10 a.m. (Rabobank Arena)
Tuesday – Travel to Idaho
Wednesday – Game @ Idaho, 6:10 p.m.
Thursday – Day off
Friday – Game @ Idaho, 6:10 p.m.
Saturday – Game @ Idaho, 6:10 p.m.
Sunday – Travel to Bakersfield
*all times/locations schedule to change
5,108 Average Attendance: Condors, 5th
893 saves: G Josh Tordjman, 4th
.919 save pct: G Josh Tordjman, 4th
1,756 minutes: G Josh Tordjman, 5th
3 shutouts: G Josh Tordjman, t-1st
166 shots on goal: LW Brad Snetsinger, 4th
24.2% shooting pct: C Rylan Kaip, 2nd
166 PIM: RW Erick Lizon, 1st
4 shootout goals: LW Michael Gergen, 1st
Points: LW Brad Snetsinger, 36
Goals: RW Stephane Goulet, 16
Assists: C Slava Trukhno, 24
PIM: RW Erick Lizon, 166
+/-: F Bobby Robins, D Evan Stoflet, +13
GAA: G Brian Stewart, 2.67
Save %: Stewart, .922
Wins: G Josh Tordjman, 15
Individual Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena Box Office. Box Office hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with extended hours on game and event days. You can also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit them online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket packages start at just $31.
Group tickets are a great way to add to your Condors experience! All you need is 20 family, friends or coworkers to get discounted tickets starting at just $7. Groups get a P.A. Announcement as well as prizes, and all members of Lower Level groups also get a Condors hat. For more info, click here, or call 324-PUCK (7825).