DALY CITY, Calif. – Trailing 2-1 entering the third, the Bakersfield Condors (4-12-0-1, 9pts) stormed back with three goals in the span of 1:10 and defeated the San Francisco Bulls (5-11-1-1, 12pts) by a 5-2 margin on Wednesday night at the Cow Palace.
- Condors goal: RW Jordan Knackstedt (5) banged home arebound off a two-on-one shot attempt from C Joel Broda. Time of goal: 7:04;Condors lead, 1-0
- Shots: BAK- 13 | SF – 2
- Bulls goal: C Adrian Foster deflected a D Dylan King shot past G Tyler Bunz. Time of goal: 0:59; Game tied, 1-1
- Bulls goal: F Tyler Gron finished off a two-on-one odd-man rush. Time of goal: 16:50; Bulls lead, 2-1
- Shots: BAK – 5 | SF – 16
- Condors goal: C Ryan Watson tipped in front off a shot from the left-wing circle from D Wes Cunningham. Time of goal: 2:14; Game tied, 2-2
- Condors goal: Broda (4) powered one past G Tyler Beskorowany. Time of goal: 2:51; Condors lead, 3-2
- Condors goal: Broda (5) on the power play, blasted a shot from the slot off a faceoff win. Time of goal: 3:24; Condors lead, 4-2
- Condors goal: Knackstedt (6) empty-netter from 150 ft. Time of goal: 19:33; Condors win, 5-2.
L – Beskorowany (5-6-1-1, 26/22)
- Three stars: 1. Broda (BAK) 2. Knackstedt (BAK) 3. Bunz (BAK)
- Final shots on goal: BAK- 27 | SF- 26
- Power plays: BAK- 1/4 | SF- 0/2
- D Joey Leach fought for the second time in three games, in the second period, against F Kris Belan.
- F Tyler Brenner was released earlier today.
- C Ryan Watson was signed earlier today and made his debut along with C Matt Thurber
- Scratches: Follmer, Garlock, Steffes, Oakley, Abney
SAVE 40% OFF TEDDY BEAR TOSS TICKETS!
This Saturday is the annual Condors Teddy Bear Toss, against the Stockton Thunder at 7 p.m., sponsored by 29 Eyewitness News, KERN 1180 AM and Three-Way Chevrolet-Cadillac. Fans are asked to bring a teddy bear to the game and when the Condors score their first goal of the night, throw them onto the ice.
(Note: this game is the largest crowd of the season, every year, and fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance and arrive early to avoid being stuck in line when the Teddy Bear Toss goal is scored.)
Save up to 40% off your tickets to Teddy Bear Toss with the purchase of a mini-plan. If you attend a handful of games, this is the most cost effective way to do it.
Mini-plans for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.