https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Opening_Night_WYNTK_600x300.jpg 300 600 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2017-07-10 12:40:392017-07-10 12:45:37Condors Home Opener highlights What You Need To Know this week
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Miss something last week? Have trouble keeping up with all the latest news in Condorstown? Here is what you may have missed and what you need to know heading into this week.
1. CONDORS HOME OPENER IS THURSDAY, OCT. 12
- Mark it on your calendars – the Condors Home Opener is just 94 days away, when they host the San Antonio Rampage at Rabobank Arena
- This follows up last week’s announcement of a pair of preseason games.
- Monday – Thursday games this season will start at 6:30 p.m., based off feedback from fans in a poll of members, group leaders and individual game buyers
- Bakersfield is 11-7-1 in Home Openers all-time (.605 points pct)
2. FULL SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT COMING ON TUESDAY
- The Opening Night announcement of course means the full schedule is coming, and that will be tomorrow.
- All 68 games, opponents and start times will be unveiled, including three teams making their first-ever visit to Condorstown.
- Download the Condors app for IOS and Android and get alerts sent straight to your phone when breaking news happens – like this one!
3. JOSH CURRIE SIGNS FOR TWO YEARS
- Last Thursday, it was announced that fan favorite Josh Currie is returning to Bakersfield.
- Currie was second on the team with 22 goals last season, and at the end of his new contract should be near the top of many career Condors lists.
- Last season he passed the likes of Sean Venedam and Mike Hofstrand to slide into 13th on the career games list, and he is only 14 games away from passing Kevin St. Jacques, Brett Lutes and Kevin Truelson to move into the Top 10.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IN EDMONTON…
- We aren’t the only ones trying to keep you informed here in Condorstown, the Edmonton Oilers are also making things easy to follow with their Weekly Recap, including feature stories, official announcements and plenty of great video.
- Last week was a busy one in Oil Country, with the annual Development Camp wrapping up, the signing of Connor McDavid to a contract extension, and free agent signing Jussi Jokinen. They also added a veteran defenseman this morning who split last season between the NHL and AHL, with the signing of Yohann Auvitu.
- What happens in Edmonton affects what happens in Bakersfield, so follow along with signings, prospect news and regular updates from The Bosses.
- Just for fun, after you read about McDavid’s new deal, let’s look back fondly on the memorable week the reigning NHL MVP and leading scorer once spent in Condorstown.