https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015_08_05_philipmcrae.jpg 380 669 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2015-08-07 12:59:292015-08-07 12:59:29Condors sign C Philip McRae
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that C Philip McRae has been signed to an American Hockey League (AHL) contract. The 25-year old spent last season with the Chicago Wolves (affiliate of the St. Louis Blues) in the AHL.
McRAE – stats // 25 years old // 6’2″ // 196 lbs. // Apple Valley, Minnesota
- Finished fifth on the 2014-15 Chicago Wolves in scoring with 33 points (15g-18a) in 67games.
- Spent the 2013-14 season in the top league in Finland, SM-liiga, with Tappara and Espoo finishing with eight goals and 13 assists for 21 points in 53 games combined between the two clubs.
- Played the three seasons prior in the St. Louis Blues organization mostly with the Peoria Rivermen (AHL) where he totaled 162 games with 42 goals and 41 assists for 83 points from 2010-2013.
- Made his NHL debut on January 12, 2011 for St. Louis against the Anaheim Ducks and notched one goal and two assists in 15 NHL games that season.
- Drafted in the 2nd round (#33 overall) by St. Louis in the 2008 NHL Draft from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). He played 240 games in the OHL and registered 65 goals and 102 assists for 167 points.
- Represented the United States on three occasions as an amateur, winning Gold at the 2010 U-20 World Junior Championship, Bronze at the 2008 U-18 World Junior Championship, and Silver at the 2006 U-17 World Junior Championship.
- Son of former NHL LW Basil McRae who played 576 games in the NHL with seven teams. He currently is the general manager of the Knights.
With 297 games played at the AHL level or higher, McRae qualifies as a “veteran exempt” for the 2015-16 season. AHL teams are allowed to dress a maximum of six veterans per game – five veterans and one veteran exempt. A veteran is anyone who has played in 260+ games at the AHL (and qualifying European leagues) or higher. A veteran exempt is a player who has played between 260 and 320 games entering a season.
NHL PRESEASON GAME IN BAKERSFIELD – MONDAY, SEPT. 21
The Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings will play an NHL preseason game at Rabobank Arena on Monday, Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at the Rabobank Arena box office or online by clicking here.
BE A PART OF HISTORY!! – CONDORS OPENING NIGHT SATURDAY, OCT. 10
Join the Condors on their historic move to the American Hockey League in 2015-16. Become a ticket member and enjoy all of the great benefits by contacting the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) orclick here for more information.