WINNIPEG – The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the team has signed veteran F Kris Newbury to a Professional Try-Out (PTO). An AHL PTO allows a player to play up to 25 games before signing a Standard Players Contract. He is 64th all-time in the AHL in scoring.
NEWBURY – 34 years old, 5’11”, 205 lbs., Brampton, Ontario
- Has played 774 AHL games over a 14-year professional career with 562 points (188g-374a)
- Last season with the Ontario Reign, he complied 10 goals and 16 assists for 26 points in 44 games
- His best individual season came in 2011-12 with the Connecticut Whale when he scored 25 goals and added 39 assists for 64 points in 65 games
- Named an AHL All-Star during the 2006-07 season when he had 36 points (12g-24a) in 37 games with the Toronto Marlies
- Drafted in the 5th round (#139 overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the San Jose Sharks
- He will wear #11 with the Condors; Joey Benik will switch to #21
The Condors look for the sweep of the Manitoba Moose on Thursday at 5 p.m. Catch all the action on Comedy 800, thru the iHeartRadio App, via the Condors mobile app, or streamed on AHLLive.com.CONDORS HOME OPENER IS SATURDAY, OCT 22 @ 6 P.M.
Bakersfield plays on home ice for the first time, Saturday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m. The first 5,000 fans will receive a Condors Retro Cap presented by Eyewitness News, 98.5 The Fox, and Rabobank. It will be the team’s first look at the newest member of the Pacific Division, the Tucson Roadrunners.
FUNNEST 3-PACK EVER – PUBLIC CAN BUY OUTDOOR CLASSIC TICKETS NOW!
Opening Night, Teddy Bear Toss, and the Three-Way Chevrolet Condorstown Outdoor Classic pres. by Mission Bank all for just $56? The Funnest 3-Pack Ever is the only way to get the best seats to the three biggest games of the year!