https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2014-04-12-ONT-Recap.jpg 380 669 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2014-04-12 21:01:222014-04-12 21:01:22Condors snag sixth straight, 3-1
W: Brossoit (26-9-2-0; 31/30)
ONTARIO, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors (36-29-2-4, 78pts) won their season-high sixth in a row, 3-1, over the Ontario Reign (44-20-3-4, 95pts) on Saturday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Since Colorado won at home against Alaska, the Condors must win on “Undie Sunday,” tomorrow at 4 p.m. against Las Vegas to claim the fifth seed in the Western Conference.
- CONDORS GOAL: RW Ryan Little (5th) slotted home a feed at the top of the crease. Assists: Marciano, Bennett; Time of goal: 5:54; Condors lead, 1-0
- Ontario goal: C Rocco Carzo walked down the slot and beat G Laurent Brossoit with less than five seconds left in the period. Time of goal: 19:55; Game tied, 1-1
- Shots: BAK – 4 | ONT – 9
- CONDORS GOAL: Eight seconds after a potential goal was waived off, D Joe Marciano slapped a shot past G J.P. Anderson. Assists: Steffes, Leach; Time of goal: 3:52;Condors lead, 2-1
- Shots: BAK – 12 | ONT – 12
- CONDORS goal: C Matt Thurber (11th) off a scramble in front of the net, potted a shot off the crossbar and in. Assists: Collins, Knackstedt; Time of goal: 17:41; Condors lead, 3-1
- Shots: BAK – 15 | ONT – 10
W: Brossoit (26-9-2-0; 31/30)
L: Anderson (4-9-3-0; 31/29)
- Three Stars: 1. Marciano (BAK) 2. Brossoit (BAK) 3. Carzo (ONT)
- Final shots: BAK – 31 | ONT – 31
- Power plays: BAK – 0/4 | STK – 0/2
- Bakersfield is 7-1-1-1 in their last 10 games against Ontario
- The Condors are now 23-1-1-1 when leading after two periods
- G Laurent Brossoit won for the sixth straight game.
- D Joe Marciano finished with a goal and an assist, the first multi-point night of his career
- C Matt Thurber (2g-2a) and LW Chris Collins (2g-2a) each extended their point streaks to three games.
- Scratches: Pageau (21-IR), Bunz (21-IR), Watson, Gawryletz, Joe
NEXT HOME GAME
Sunday, April 13 – Undie Sunday
- Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
- 4 p.m. start time
- Bring new (never before used, preferably still in the package) undergarments and throw them on the ice when the Condors score their first goal!
- The “undies” will be donated to those in need at the Mission at Kern County and the Kern County Network for Children.
- Boxers, briefs, diapers, bras, ‘long johns’, socks, undershirts and the like, of all sizes, for males and females will all be gladly accepted
- Sponsored by My45, 1560 AM & 97.7 FM KNZR, Bank of the Sierra
- This game was scheduled for Dec. 7, which was postponed. For Season Ticket Holders who had the Dec. 7 game in their ticket packet, tickets for this game are available in the Condors front office. For all other fans that still have the Dec. 7 game ticket in hand, turn that ticket into the box office for a ticket to Sunday’s game
- YP Phone Book Recycling Night – receive 2-for-1 admission by bringing your old phone directory to be recycled.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian can be seen on www.Bakersfield.comWednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.