Bakersfield is currently 19-40-2-3 with 43 points in the standings. They trail the 8th place San Francisco Bulls by eight points in the standings. Bakersfield has eight games remaining, with five on home ice, and will host the Bulls twice in the final week of the regular season.
Wednesday, Mar. 13 vs. Utah (7 p.m., Rabobank Arena)
Friday, Mar. 15 vs. Ontario (7 p.m., Rabobank Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
CONDORS 4 vs. Ontario 2
Ontario 1 vs. CONDORS 0
- Saturday’s game was the second 1-0 shutout the Condors have been involved in over the last 22 days. Bakersfield G Brian Stewart shut the Colorado Eagles out 1-0 on Feb. 16. The last time the Condors lost 1-0 at home was December, 2004.
- Two players left Saturday’s game injured and did not return: F Nicholas Tremblay and F Shawn Skelly.
- G Scott Greenham has made 40 or more saves in a game six times this season. G Brian Stewart has performed the feat 10 times this season.
- Each one of RW Scott Freeman’s (pictured) four goals this season have been game winners. In fact, coupled with his four game winning goals last season, he now has eight in his 48 career Condors games, tying him for 8th all-time in Condors history already. The team record is 20, held by Paul Rosebush.
- D Erik Burgdoerfer sits just seven games shy of the 200 mark in his Condors career. Only four d-men have played 200 or more games in a Condors sweater: Glen Mears, Scotty Balan, Quinn Fair and Kevin Truelson.
- Both Condors goalies are in the top 5 in the ECHL in saves. Brian Stewart is 3rd with 1,174 and Scott Greenham is 5th in the ECHL with 1,059 saves.
- Stewart is 10th in the ECHL with a .914 save pct.
- F Francis Verreault is 5th in ECHL in rookie scoring with 46 points. Verreault is also 3rd among rookies with 158 shots on goal.
- G Scott Greenham is tied for second in the league lead with five shootout wins and is 2nd with a .962 shootout save percentage (the 1st place goalie has faced just four shootout attempts).
- F Nicholas Tremblay is 5th among rookies with a 20.6% shooting percentage.
- F Brett Lyon is 4th in the ECHL (and leads all rookies) with 17 major penalties. He is also 2nd among rookies with 157 penalty minutes.
- The Condors goaltenders rank 2nd in the ECHL in the shootout with a .818 save percentage.
Points – F Francis Verreault (46)
Goals – LW Jacob Lagace/F Francis Verreault (16)
Assists – F Francis Verreault (30)
PIM – F Brett Lyon (157)
+/- – F Shawn Skelly (+12) (pictured)
Sv % – G Brian Stewart (.914)
The Condors are making things easy on everyone’s wallets this week, with great deals for both Wednesday and Friday’s games against the Utah Grizzlies.
Wednesday is Blood Drive Night, sponsored by My 45 and KUZZ 107.9. Donate blood at Houchin Blood Bank and get in to this game for just $1. It is also High School/College ID Night, where students can purchase a lower level ticket to the game for just $1 as well.
Friday night we turn back the clocks with 15th Anniversary Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle and Auction. We are rolling back prices to 1998 on popcorn and soda, and tickets as well, with lower level tickets for just $15. The team will wear special jerseys, and auction them off after the game to raise money for the Petroleum Shrine Club. Plus, everyone in attendance has the chance to win one of five to be given away.
The Condors wrap up the weekend with a St. Patrick’s Day matinee in Stockton at 4 p.m. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes before the drop of the puck.
RENEWALS ARE UNDERWAY!