Condors Weekly: Road trip to the Rocky Mountain State on deck
Wednesday, Dec. 19 at Colorado (6:05 p.m.)
Friday, Dec. 21 at Colorado (6:05 p.m.)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
Idaho 5 vs. CONDORS 2
Bakersfield scored twice in the first minute and a half of the contest, and led 2-0 through 20 minutes of play. But the Steelheads surged b
ack by lighting the lamp four times in the middle frame and cruised to the 5-2 win. D Scott Enders and C Levi Nelson were the Condors goal scorers.
San Francisco 4 vs. CONDORS 1
- Rookie D Scott Enders scored his first career goal Friday night.
- Bakersfield has been tied or leading after the first period in eight of their last 11 games, but have only two wins in those games. The Condors have been leading or tied after the first period in 12 of their 17 losses this season.
- The Condors have let multiple-goal leads slip away three times in the last eight games.
- F Liam Huculak has skated as a defenseman in each of the last three games, after D Ryan Annesley became the third Condors blueliner to end up on the injured list, Friday in the first period.
- Bakersfield has outscored their opponents 25-23 in the first period this season. However, in the second and third periods combined, they have been outscored 75-37.
- The Condors make their only trip to Colorado on the season this week.
- Sunday night’s contest was the second time in team history they have played a midnight game in Vegas.
- At the tail end of next week’s home stand, the Condors commence a stretch of six straight games against the Idaho Steelheads, from Dec. 29 – Jan. 12.
- D Tyson Gimblett leads all ECHL defensemen with eight major penalties (all fighting majors).
- F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with five shootout goals.
- G Scott Greenham leads the league lead with four shootout wins and is 3rd with a .941 shootout save percentage.
- F Brett Lyon is among rookie leaders in major penalties (3rd with eight) and penalty minutes (5th with 58).
- The Condors rank 5th in the ECHL with a .444 shooting percentage in shootouts.
- They rank 3rd in the shootouts with a .800 save percentage.
Points – C Levi Nelson (20)
Goals – C Levi Nelson (8)
Assists – C Levi Nelson (12)
PIM – D Tyson Gimblett (80)
+/- – C Levi Nelson (E)
Sv % – G Brian Stewart (.902)
Road trip to the Rocky Mountain State
The Condors host three games after the holiday break, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 27, 28 and 29. Thursday is Boomtown Bakersfield Night, and everyone will take home a million dollars. On Friday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a Condors Opponent Voodoo Doll to exact your will on our opposition, sponsored by My 45 and 97.3 JACK FM.
Saturday, Dec. 29 is Jake Varner Night, sponsored by 92.1 Max FM, American Business Machines and TERRIO Physical Therapy. The team will wear special Jake Varner jerseys for a Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle and Auction, and will give five of the jerseys away for free.
SAVE MONEY WITH A HOLIDAY 4-PACK – FREE SNUGGIES!!!!
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets.
The Condors Holiday 4-Pack is the perfect stocking stuffer for that fun-loving person is your life. Starting at just $32, if you purchase two Holiday 4-Packs you get free Condors Snuggie!!
Check out the plan to fit your needs by clicking here or calling 324-PUCK (7825).