LAS VEGAS 5 vs. Condors 4 (SO)
San Francisco 5 vs. CONDORS 1
The Condors opened the scoring with a power play marker in the first period, courtesy of rookie D Scott Macaulay. But the Bulls tied it up on a power play of their own later in the period. Three goals in the first six minutes of the second period sank the Condors hopes in the season finale, however. The Bulls padded the lead in the third to seal the win.
- G Scott Greenham stopped a penalty shot by the Bulls on Saturday. He finished the season 3-for-3 on penalty shots. G Brian Stewart stopped the only one he faced this season as well, making Condors goalies perfect on four penalty shots faced.
- Greenham finished the season 28-for-30 in shootouts, with a 5-1 record. His .933 shootout save pct. was fourth in the league.
- D Scott Macaulay scored his first pro goal on Saturday. He was the second Condors late addition to do so in the final weekend of the season. F Greg Burgdoerfer (right) scored twice on Friday to pace the Condors attack. F Kyle De Laurell had two assists over the weekend for his first pro points as well. All three were signed by Bakersfield out of the college ranks with four games left in the season.
- F Brett Lyon led the team with 218 penalty minutes this season. It was the highest single-season PIM total for a Condors player since Jon Mirasty put up 358 in 2003-04.
- Bakersfield finished with 10 shorthanded goals this season. Nine different players scored a “shorty” this season, the most since 2006-07 (12 players).
- G Brian Stewart – 2nd with 1,365 saves
- G Brian Stewart – 5th with 2,339 minutes played
- G Brian Stewart – 5th with a .918 save pct.
- G Scott Greenham – tied for 2nd with 5 shootout wins
- G Scott Greenham – 4th with a .933 shootout save pct.
- F Francis Verreault – tied for 9th in rookie scoring with 47 points.
- F Francis Verreault – 4th among rookies with 165 shots on goal.
- F Francis Verreault – 3rd among rookies with 152 PIM
- F Brett Lyon – 1st among rookies with 218 PIM
- F Brett Lyon – 1st among rookies with 22 major penalties
- D Deron Cousens – 1st among d-men with 2 shootout game-winning goals
Goals – LW Jacob Lagace/F Nicholas Tremblay/F Francis Verreault (16)
Assists – F Francis Verreault (31)
PIM – F Brett Lyon (218)
Sv % – G Brian Stewart (.918)
Saturday night the Condors announced that Matt O’Dette will not return as head coach of the team in 2013-14. As a reminder, there will be an opportunity for media to interview both O’Dette and Condors President Matthew Riley on Tuesday, Apr. 2, from 3-3:30 p.m.
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO RENEW
The season ticket renewal deadline of Mar. 31 has passed, but we’re giving you an extra couple days to get back on board.
Renew now and you will be eligible to receive the season ticket holder gifts, which are based on how many years you’ve been a ticket plan holder and how many seats are in your plan. Gifts include jackets, jerseys and more. But you are only eligible for the season ticket holder gift if you renew your tickets NOW!
Call the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) and speak with your ticket representative, or visit the ST renewal page on the website.