Condors Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Week begins
Tuesday, Nov. 20 vs. San Francisco (7 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
Friday, Nov. 23 at Stockton (7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena)
Saturday, Nov. 24 vs. Ontario (7 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
CONDORS 2 vs. Las Vegas 1 (SO)
D Erik Burgdoerfer staked the Condors to a 1-0 lead late in the second period, but when Las Vegas tied it up in the third, they needed extra time to decide it. Neither club scored in OT, and in the shootout the Condors were a perfect 3-for-3, while G Scott Greenham stopped three of four Vegas shooters for the win. A huge crowd was on hand for this game, the annual Field Trip Day Game, with over 5,000 students on hand.
Las Vegas 5 vs. CONDORS 2
Ontario 4 vs. CONDORS 3 (SO)
- Thursday’s crowd of 7,426 was the largest of the season for the Condors.
- Four of the last five Condors games have gone to a shootout, and no team has earned more points in overtime/shootout games than the Condors (11 points).
- F Peter Boyd is 4-for-5 in shootouts this season.
- After being held without a point in his first seven games, Boyd has a goal in three of the last five contests, and has added three shootout goals and an assist during that stretch.
- RW Tyler Brenner [right] has a point in five of his last six games, with three multi-point outings and eight points (3g-5a).
- D Tyson Gimblett climbed to 3rd in the ECHL in penalty minutes after racking up 27 minutes on Friday. He earned a game misconduct after fighting three times on the night.
- G Scott Greenham allowed a shootout goal for the first time in three shootout contests on Thursday. He is now 13-for-14 in shootouts this season.
- D Tyson Gimblett is 3rd in the ECHL with 67 penalty minutes. He is also 3rd with seven major penalties (all fighting majors).
- F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with four shootout goals.
- G Scott Greenham leads the league lead with three shootout wins and is 4th with a .929 shootout save percentage.
- RW Brett Perlini is one of only four rookies in the league this season with a game-winning shootout goal.
- D Olivier Dame-Malka is tied for the league lead among defensemen with three power play goals. He is also 2nd among d-men with 46 shots.
- D Trevor Hendrikx (55 PIM) is 2nd (behind only Gimblett) in penalty minutes for defensemen.
Points – C Levi Nelson [right] (13)
Goals – three players with (5)
Assists – C Levi Nelson (8)
PIM – D Tyson Gimblett (67)
+/- – RW Tyler Brenner/C Robby Dee (+2)
Wins – G Scott Greenham (3)
GAA – G Brian Stewart (3.38)
Sv % – G Scott Greenham (.905)
$1 tickets and hot dogs, plus Teddy Bear Toss coming up
The Condors will work off their Thanksgiving dinner on Friday night with a 7:30 game in Stockton. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One.
Saturday marks the most anticipated game of the season, the 14th annual Teddy Bear Toss, sponsored by KBAK Eyewitness News, KERN Newstalk 1180 and Wells Fargo. Everyone is encouraged to bring TWO teddy bears or stuffed animals to the game, and when the Condors score their first goal, throw them onto the ice. The bears will be collected and distributed throughout the community by the United Way of Kern County. Condors fans are being challenged to set a new teddy bear record (currently 8,075 set in 2009-10) by bringing more than one to the game.
SAVE MONEY ON BOX OFFICE PRICES
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets. Check out the plan to fit your needs by clicking here or calling 324-PUCK (7825).