Condors Weekly: Victory over Stockton opens home stand
Friday, Dec. 14 vs. Idaho (7 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
Saturday, Dec. 15 vs. San Francisco (7 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
Sunday, Dec. 16 at Las Vegas (11:59 p.m. at Orleans Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
SAN FRANCISCO 4 vs. Condors 1
When F Zach Cohen scored midway through the second, it cut the Bulls lead to 2-1. But the rally was short-lived, as San Francisco scored just 11 seconds later to regain the two-goal lead. They added another before the period was up, and cruised to the 4-1 win.
ONTARIO 4 vs. Condors 2
Bakersfield lit the lamp three times in the opening period and G Scott Greenham made it stand with a 44-save performance in the Condors second straight win against their Highway 99 rivals. C Levi Nelson had 1g-2a, while D Francis Meilleur (1g-1a) and LW Brett Lyon (0g-2a) both had multi-point performances in the win.
- Rookie LW Brett Lyon was signed by the team on Sunday. He recorded the first two points of his career in his Condors debut.
- Sunday’s game was the third time G Scott Greenham has made 40 or more saves in a game this season. G Brian Stewart has also made 40+ saves on three different occasions.
- D Tyson Gimblett scored his first goal of the season Sunday night.
- C Levi Nelson had his third three-point game of the season Sunday, and his first since Opening Weekend, when he recorded back-to-back three-point games in the series with San Francisco.
- Nelson has 11 points in his last 11 games (4g-7a).
- D Francis Meilleur recorded the second multi-point game of his career on Sunday (1g-1a), and his first as a Condor.
- The Condors are ranked 5th in road power play pct at 21.2%, but at home they are second to last at just 9.1%. They have a power play goal in four straight games and rank 15th at 16.4% overall.
- D Tyson Gimblett is 4th in the ECHL (and 1st among defensemen) with eight major penalties (all fighting majors).
- F Peter Boyd (pictured) leads the ECHL with five shootout goals.
- G Scott Greenham leads the league lead with four shootout wins and is 4th with a .941 shootout save percentage.
- D Olivier Dame-Malka is tied for second in the league lead among defensemen with four power play goals.
- The Condors rank 5th in the ECHL with a .444 shooting percentage in shootouts.
- They rank 3rd in the shootouts with a .800 save percentage.
Points – C Levi Nelson (19)
Goals – C Levi Nelson (7)
Assists – C Levi Nelson (12)
PIM – D Tyson Gimblett (78)
+/- – D Tyson Gimblett (+1)
Wins – G Scott Greenham (5)
Sv % – G Brian Stewart (.904)
15th Anniversary Banners, Olympic Stars this weekend
On Friday, the first 3,000 fans 5 and older will get a free 15th Anniversary Banner, sponsored by KBAK Eyewitness News, Fox Sports Radio 970AM and Three-Way Chevrolet-Cadillac.
On Saturday, the Condors welcome Team U.S.A. Beach Volleyball Silver Medalists April Ross and Jen Kessy, courtesy of KLLY 95.3 and Coldstone Creamery. The duo will pose for pictures with fans in the Condors Photo Booth and also host a Q & A before the game. The Q & A is open to all ticket plan holders and participating groups of 10 or more. Call the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) for information on how to get your youth sports team an opportunity to hear Olympians speak.
The Condors head out to Las Vegas on Sunday for a Midnight Game, with an 11:59 p.m. face off Sunday night. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. “Condors Countdown” hosted by Ryan Holt starts at 11:45 p.m.
SAVE MONEY ON BOX OFFICE PRICES
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets.
The Condors Holiday 4-Pack is the perfect stocking stuffer for that fun-loving person is your life. Starting at just $32, if you purchase two Holiday 4-Packs you get free Condors Snuggie!!
Check out the plan to fit your needs by clicking here or calling 324-PUCK (7825).