Garlock acquired; Lyon is back
CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today multiple roster moves ahead of two games at home this weekend. First, the team has acquired veteran C Ryan Garlock from the Greenville Road Warriors in exchange for future considerations. Second, the team has received F Brett Lyon, who was released from his Professional Try-Out (PTO) with the Abbotsford Heat (AHL) today. In other roster news, the team has released LW Brett Lutes and D Daniel Sobotka.
GARLOCK – click here for career stats
- 27, 6’0″, 203 lbs., Iroquois Falls, Ontario
- Drafted in the 2nd round (#45 overall) by the Chicago Blackhawks in 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
- Entering his eighth-year professionally, with 392 games played at the AHL and ECHL level.
- Notched 22 goals and 57 assists for 79 points in 321 career AHL games with six different clubs.
- Played parts of two seasons in the ECHL, both with Johnstown, and had tremendous success (37g-45a=82pts) in 71 games.
- Spent last season in Norway where he scored four goals and added 11 assists for 15 points in 21 games.
Troy’s Take: “A top-level veteran player who is still young and will be used in a different role at this level than he was in the AHL. He will be looked to in all situations here as opposed to in the AHL where he was more of a penalty-killer and third line player. With (Joel) Broda up in Oklahoma City for the foreseeable future, we needed to get stronger at the center position and he does that for us.”
LYON – click here for career stats
- Signed with the Condors on September 10, 2013.
- Attended training camp with Abbotsford and signed a PTO.
- Played one game with the Heat, earned his first AHL fighting major, and picked up 11 penalty minutes.
- Played in 48 games with the Condors (5g-5a-10pts), after being acquired from Orlando on December 9, 2012.
- Led the team and all ECHL rookies in penalty minutes (PIMs) with 218 in 2012-13. Had the second most penalty minutes in the Condors ECHL era. (2003-04, Jon Mirasty, 358)
- Finished tied for 4th in PIMs in the ECHL in 2012-13.
- 3rd in the ECHL with 22 major penalties (20 fighting majors)
The Condors host two games this weekend. On Friday, Oct. 25 they host the Stockton Thunder and everyone will get a team poster, sponsored by Fox Sports Radio 970 and Castle Printing Group.
Saturday night, Oct. 26 is One Direction Night, sponsored by KLLY 95.3 and Dignity Health. The first 2,000 fans 17 and under get a 12″ One Direction standee, and 20 lucky fans will win a life-size cutout of a member of your favorite British Boy Band.
Ticket Plan Holders Meet the Team on Saturday
Following the game, season ticket holders can come up to the Club Room and meet the entire team. Make sure to bring your team poster from Friday night back and collect all of their signatures.
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.