GETTING TO KNOW: Evan Bouchard
Leading into the 2019-20 season, BakersfieldCondors.com will help you “Get to Know” some of the new faces joining the pipeline on a full-time basis.
GET TO KNOW: D EVAN BOUCHARD
2018-19 (w/ London, Ontario Hockey League): 45 GP, 16g-37a-53pts; +28
2018-19 (w/ Edmonton): 7 GP, 1g-0a-1pts
2019 Calder Cup Playoffs (w/ Bakersfield): 8 GP, 3g-5a-8pts; +6
2019-20: Year 1 of a three-year NHL Entry Level Contract
- Drafted in the 1st round (#10 overall) of the 2018 NHL Draft by Edmonton
- Turns 20 on October 20
- 6’3”, 194 lbs. and from Oakville, Ontario
NEED TO KNOW:
- Started the 2018-19 season with Edmonton before being loaned to London in the OHL. Was an alternate captain for Team Canada at the 2019 World Junior Championships and following the Knights’ exit from the OHL Playoffs, joined the Condors for eight Calder Cup Playoffs games
- Scored his first NHL goal on October 25, 2018 against Washington
- Led the Knights in playoff scoring and finished with the highest points per game in the OHL playoffs, notching 21 points (4g-17a) in 11 games and was +13
- Finished third on the Condors in Calder Cup Playoffs scoring with eight points (3g-5a) in eight games including a three-point (1g-2a) debut in Game 3 of Round 1 against Colorado
WHAT HE’S SAYING:
“Being able to come here (Bakersfield) and get the experience I did is very valuable to me. Full credit to the coaching staff and my teammates for putting me in a position to succeed,” – Bouchard on his impactful 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR:
Evan Bouchard’s first Calder Cup Playoffs goal in Game 3 of the first round against Colorado.
Evan Bouchard celebrates a game-tying, third period, power play goal in Game 4 of the first round against Colorado. The Condors went on to eliminate Colorado that night, 5-2.
Check back next week as our countdown to Opening Weekend continues with Ryan McLeod.