Winners of six of seven, their last three at home, and set to begin a three-game homestand on Friday, the Condors find themselves three points up in the Pacific Division playoff race.
You may think we’re starting the blog talking hockey, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want…
Now for the blog.
– @KevinBartl says that, melons excluded “pears are easily in my top 5 favorite fruit.” It’s one of the most preposterous things I’ve ever heard. If you include melons as fruit, pears aren’t even in my Top 10. For the record, cantaloupe would be my favorite “melon/fruit.”
– Received a few e-mails recently concerning the status of Ryan Hamilton. While we normally do not comment on injuries, since he is the captain of the team there has been more interest into his whereabouts. He suffered an injury back on Feb. 18 in Stockton and could be back by the end of the month.
– Good Minors Minute w/ Chris Wescott on the team this week…
– And a very nice article on Condors netminder Nick Ellis, who is having an outstanding rookie season.
– I said with 24 games left in the regular season that the Condors needed to go 15-9 to feel safe. Since then they’ve gone 6-2 and have three home games upcoming where they’re 16-8-2 on the season.
– The team the Condors just played up the 99 is the biggest competition down the stretch. They’re the most complete team of any contender for the final spot, they have goaltending, and their scoring touch appears to be back. That will be a big game on Saturday night.
– Texas stayed in the hunt last night thanks to two shorthanded goals in the final five minutes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before at a spot like that.
– Season ticket holders: don’t forget about the meet-the-team party after Saturday’s game in the Club Room. Good chance to get pictures, autographs, and meet some of the new guys on the team.
– Would expect new acquisition Mark Olver to play this weekend. He’ll wear #21. Condors are pretty well stocked down the middle now after being thin for a good chunk of the season.
– With Benoit Pouliot returning in Edmonton tomorrow for their game against Pittsburgh, they’ll have to either send Jujhar Khaira (the only eligible player who can be sent down) to Bakersfield or they’ll put someone else on IR. We’ll see.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt, a.k.a. “Holty” is the voice of the Condors in his sixth season in Condorstown. Other fruits he likes include: grapes, strawberries, apples, and oranges. He’s not a big watermelon guy. Follow him on Twitter, @CondorsHolty, for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or concerns.