A five-game homestand starts in just over 24 hours, so let’s get right to it.
You may like five straight at home and that’s fine, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want. I’d prefer alternating home/road weekends.
Now for the blog…
– Brad Malone is back in Bakersfield. That’s a boost for the Condors as he had three points (2g-1a) in three games before he left. From all accounts, he played well in Edmonton, and while he’s never been a high offensive numbers guy, he’s a solid player for the Condors to have in the lineup this weekend.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) October 24, 2017
– Speaking of this weekend, Condors *may* get some healthy bodies back. We’ll await the weekend, but Grayson Downing and Ryan Stanton were both skating in regular colored jerseys today.
– Saturday at 5:45 p.m. in the Bank Room (off the concourse) is the first Condors365 Members Only “Hockey Talk w/ Holty.” I’ll have the coaching staff with me as we break down that night’s game, give you some insight on the lines, and some positional stuff that makes my head spin. We’ll have these the last Saturday home game of every month. It won’t always be coaches either. Players and guests from Edmonton will join me as well.
– Looking back at last weekend I thought there were two very important things for the success of this team moving forward: 1) Ty Rattie found the back of the net and had a multi-point weekend. To me, he’s critical for this team’s goal-scoring success this year. And 2) Nick Ellis had maybe his best weekend as a Condor. If he takes a jump forward from last year’s numbers, the team will be in good shape.
– Congrats as well to Nick on being named the AHL’s Player of the Week. He’s the third Condor to receive the award in three seasons. He’ll be honored on Friday night after warmups with his crystal.
— AHL (@TheAHL) October 24, 2017
– Ethan Bear has two goals on two shots. So you can peg him for 90 goals this year no doubt.
– I tested out the Condors Grocery Tote bag last night at the supermarket and it’s great. First 2,000 fans, 5 and older, get one Friday.
– Couple deals for next week as well include a Dia de los Muertos shirt and suite ticket for $30 to Wednesday’s game; also book a group to Saturday’s Nov. 4 Patriotic Night (huge crowd expected) and you can add-on a Condors Patriotic Hat for just $3. Call 324-PUCK (7825) to order and tell them Holty sent you.
– LOCK OF THE WEEK: Edmonton over Dallas. The Oilers get it going tonight. Something like 4-1.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt aka Holty is the Voice of the Condors in his seventh season in Condorstown. He’s on a hot streak for locks of the week and when you get on a heater, you ride the wave. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to RHolt@BakersfieldCondors.com with questions, comments, or blog ideas.