The bus leaves at 1 p.m. so the blog is officially on a deadline.
You may not want a rushed blog, but when Gerry says the bus leaves at 1 p.m., the bus leaves at 12:55. As I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want, but they would have no problem leaving me behind.
Now for the blog…
– The Condors are in San Jose this weekend on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 1:15 p.m. We’re back live on Fox Sports 970, iHeartRadio, and AHL Live since the Dodgers were knocked out last round.
– Looking at the schedule, the Condors play 13 of their next 15 games after this weekend at home. In fact, the only road games from now thru Dec. 5 are in San Jose (3). That means, the Condors will only have played at Rabobank Arena and in NHL buildings (Manitoba, San Jose) for the first 17 games of the season.
– J-F Houle on Insider last night mentioned that Jujhar Khaira would skate today at practice, so that’s promising for him to make the road trip and play this weekend after sitting out the home opener on Saturday.
– Nice segment with Dillon Simpson on Condors Unleashed Tuesday. He’s as steady as it comes on the blue line.
– Good article on Taylor Beck from Oilers writer Meg Tilley. Looks like Beck will be the next up for Unleashed on Tuesday at 2 p.m. on Bakersfield.com as well.
– First Responders Appreciation Night is Wednesday. Police, fire, and first responders can show their photo ID / badge at the box office and receive up to four complimentary tickets. Coming from a family of cops and state troopers, I appreciate the work our men and women do on a daily basis. Military Appreciation Night, similar deal, is Friday, Nov. 11 when Dana Vollmer is in town.
– Also next Friday at the game, you can adopt a dog on the concourse and win one of the player-designed dog bowls. Word on the street is Mitch Moroz spent a long time designing his and it looks great. Thanks to Color Me Mine for providing the bowls for the players to design.
– Lock of the week? I’m somehow still alive in the survivor pool. After the Raiders squeaked by San Diego, the Patriots rebounded against Cinci, and Denver eventually rolled past Houston, here we are in Week 8. Again, I avoid picking road teams. That’s why I’m headed to Jerry World for the Cowboys over Philly. Philly will be a little too confident after their win over Minnesota. Speaking of the Vikings, don’t sleep on the Bears at home.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt, a.k.a. Holty, is in his 6th season as Voice of the Condors. He once road a bus from Corpus Christi, Texas to Rio Rancho, New Mexico and back in the span of 48 hours. Four hours to San Jose is nothing. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or blog ideas.