HOLTY’S BLOG: PRESEASON TONIGHT
We have no time to waste. Thanks to good friend of the blog @Joe_Babik for reminding me there was a blog to write today.
The people want blogs on Thursdays and even though it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want, I have to listen to the people.
Now for the blog…
– Here is tonight’s lineup at 6:30 p.m. against San Jose
The first @3WayChevyCad Lineup rolling out in #Condorstown tonight! pic.twitter.com/nW7kabWVFg
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) September 28, 2017
– Names you don’t see who will be regulars this year: Mitch Callahan, Joey LaLeggia, Grayson Downing, Ty Rattie, and Patrick Russell. Basically two full lines that the coaching staff has chosen to give some rest this week as they’ve featured pretty predominantly in NHL preseason
– Sidenote: Mitch Callahan is the son of Mike Callahan who was the Bakersfield Oilers leading scorer in 1994-95. That means he will become the first-ever second generation of Bakersfield pro hockey players. We’ll have more on that later.
– Another name to add to the mix: Brad Malone.
The #Oilers have placed forward Brad Malone on waivers for the purpose of assignment to the Bakersfield @Condors.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 28, 2017
– I focused a lot on the forwards there because many of the regulars aren’t in the lineup tonight, but that’s a good crop of d-men back there. The only regular missing is Dillon Simpson. Unfortunately, Ryan Stanton was injured up in Edmonton and looks like he will miss a few months, but that gives others an opportunity
– Condors365 Members are invited pre-game (5:45 – 6:15 p.m.) to the Bank Room. I’ll have Patrick Russell, Jamie Doornbosch, and Matt DeBlouw with me for a little Q&A and you can learn more about your membership.
– Holty, what’s the food tonight? There is Chicken Teriyaki & Orange Chicken in the Tap Room and Tri-Tip in the Club Room
– After the game – Etienne Boutet and Louick Marcotte will be in the autograph booth
– Some of the new things in the arena most notably include the renovated videoboard. It’s definitely noticeable and certainly will add to the fan experience this year
She’s a beaut Clark. pic.twitter.com/nv6a9dGtn6
— Ryan Holt (@CondorsHolty) September 28, 2017
– Also check out the Craft Beer Bar tonight. It’s a “soft opening” (those of us in the restaurant business will get that), but basically the structure is in place, but will be fully functional come Oct. 12. It’s behind section 100 on the south end of the arena
– Finally, the Ice Level Lounge is up and running at the bottom of Section 112. It’s on the glass and anyone with a lower level ticket can head down there; really cool spot to watch a game and enjoy some beverages
– No broadcasts (radio or online) of either of the preseason games; that will start with the season opening contest up the 99 on Oct. 6
LOCK OF THE WEEK: The results of preseason have no influence on how the team will fare in the regular season. Unless the Condors win both games, then the team will be great.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt aka Holty is the Voice of the Condors and enters his 7th season this year. Pepperoni and jalapeno is his favorite Rusty’s Pizza media meal. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to RHolt@bakersfieldcondors.com with questions, comments, or blog ideas.