It’s a road edition of the blog. And a game day edition. There may be no better combo than that.
You may prefer I write my blogs in Bakersfield, and that’s fine, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog.
– Today’s blog emanates from the Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel. It once was a Marriott, has all the features of a Marriott, but it’s not a Marriott anymore. I have zero idea what it has to do with anything blog related, but just wanted to alert anyone coming to Tucson to not tell the front desk person “hey this is a nice Marriott.”
– What’s Tucson like Holty? Well it’s mid-80’s and sunny, so you be the judge. Plenty of good spots within walking distance of the Marriott and always people out and about. Plus, there’s a Dunkies on the next block, so it’s almost perfect.
– Big weekend test for the Condors who face the top team in the Pacific Division in Tucson. They feature a line of first round draft picks in Lawson Crouse, Dylan Strome, and Nick Merkley. They’re unbeaten in eight straight and jumped on the Condors back in Bakersfield last month.
– The Condors went 2-0-2 in this building and had multi-goal leads in the games they only got a point out of last season
– Kyle Platzer is with the team after being named ECHL Player of the Month and leading the Wichita Thunder in scoring with 14 points through nine games; Confidence is a fickle thing and if the Condors can tap into that with Kyle’s start, it could prove valuable.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) November 7, 2017
– Number change for him too as he’ll wear 19. He’s worn 19 and 91 in juniors with Owen Sound and London, so since it opened this season with Bakersfield, he took advantage.
– The Condors were assigned RW Brian Ferlin earlier this week as he rehabbed from injury; as J-F said on Condors Insider on Wednesday, “he’s a Lucic” type in build and a skilled forward at that. I’d expect to see him in the lineup this weekend.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) November 8, 2017
– You can watch both games this weekend (6 p.m. starts in Condorstown) inside Brimstone at The Padre Hotel. Good spot to grab a beverage, a snack, and take in Condors hockey.
– Speaking of food … 23 ABC’s Jada Montemarano’s At The Table Show this week featured all the new menu options in Condorstown. If you weren’t hungry, you are now.
— Jada Montemarano (@JadaMontemarano) November 10, 2017
– Good win for the Oilers last night in overtime. That’s just an insane goal to win it. Good for Anton Slepyshev to return and get on the scoresheet. He didn’t finish the game though, so we’ll await news on if that will affect the Condors.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) November 10, 2017
– LOCK OF THE WEEK: I’ve never been more excited for a college football matchup than Notre Dame / Miami this weekend. Lou Holtz, Jimmy Johnson, Tim Brown…. Oh sorry, that was 20+ years ago. Anyways, Notre Dame covers and covers the 3.5 easily.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt aka Holty is in his 7th season as Voice of the Condors. The Dunkies go-to is a Large Iced with a sugar (packet not that syrup stuff) and a splash of milk. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to RHolt@bakersfieldcondors.com with questions, comments, or blog ideas.