I’d be a little more excited if the opening game of the year wasn’t up the 99, but I promise I’m excited nonetheless for this season to get underway.
You may enjoy trips up the 99, but I don’t and as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
– Season opener is tomorrow night, 7 p.m. We’ll have the call starting at 6:45 p.m. on Comedy 800 AM (because the Dodgers will be on Fox Sports 970), iHeartRadio, and AHL Live.
– On AHL Live, remember to hit the “away” button on the bottom to get our broadcast, otherwise you’ll have to listen to the other guys
– You can watch the game at The Padre Hotel. They’ll have it on at Brimstone. The plan is to have the sound going. Spread the word.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) September 27, 2017
– Anton Slepyshev was assigned to the team this week. I wouldn’t expect him here long, but in the meantime, with the addition of Jesse Puljujarvi, the Condors lineup is pretty stacked.
We know you missed Slepy highlights. Thankfully, we tape these sorts of things. pic.twitter.com/nFRDZAOebX
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) October 3, 2017
– I talked on Insider last night about my way too early Pacific Division predictions. Basically, I think Stockton, Texas, and Bakersfield are better than last year while San Jose, San Diego, and Ontario are worse. I think Tucson and San Antonio will be just about the same. Of course, it’s October 5, so you can take these predictions to the bank.
– On the power play units yesterday, one thing I noticed was how effective Ethan Bear was at getting pucks on net from the point. I think that’s an extremely underrated skill. You don’t have to have the heaviest shot to be a really good PP quarterback. Don’t hit shin pads and get it on net and good things will happen.
– How about the Oilers last night? Dominating performance over Calgary and just reaffirmed that Connor McDavid is the best player on the planet, and in my opinion, there isn’t really a close second. Love this video too.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) October 5, 2017
– Next week will be a lot of fun for the opening “weekend” of games at Rabobank Arena. Get here early on the Thursday and christen the new Craft Beer Bar and Ice Level Lounge. Then on Saturday, there is a player red carpet walk at 4:30 p.m. with cornhole, food, drinks, games, and more.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) October 5, 2017
– Sol y Luna closed across the street, but it looks like Redzone Sports Bar is going in. I hope it’s soon. Always wanted a sports bar back over there.
– LOCK OF THE WEEK? I’m on Pats/Bucs Over 54 + Red Sox win Game One tonight. We’ll be on a bus.
Speaking of the bus … I gotta run.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty enters his 7th season as Voice of the Condors. He’s only been late for a bus once, but that was his alarm’s fault. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to RHOLT@BAKERSFIELDCONDORS.COM with questions, comments, or blog ideas.