The blog normally comes out on Thursdays. But, tomorrow you’re all going to be in a food coma and sick of your in-laws, so I’m writing a Wednesday, Pre-Thanksgiving Blog Extravaganza.
OK, it’s nothing Earth-shattering, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
– Let’s start with Ryan Hamilton. Took a puck to the face last night, had his cheek split wide open, received 17 stitches, and was back in time for the second period to collect a goal and assist. If you need to know what his teammates think about him, check out last night’s post-game video with Josh Currie and Mark Fraser’s tweet.
— Mark Fraser (@TheRealShug_) November 23, 2016
– Talked to Hamilton this morning at practice. He was sore, but thankful that there were no missing teeth or broken bones.
– How about the Condors defensively? Both Condors goalies are in the Top-15 in save percentage with Nick Ellis in 6th with a .931 and Laurent Brossoit t-13th with a .924. As a team, the Condors are 7th with a 2.62 goals against. I don’t know the game, but I called the Condors being set defensively this year, so I’m patting myself on the back.
– Give some love to the penalty kill huh? 25-for-25 over eight games and had a huge kill just before the empty-net goal last night. Third in the league at 88.9%. The pairings up front have been Currie/Christoffer, Sallinen/Russell, and Hamilton/Khaira. Great work. The entire d corps has been steady as well.
– Teddy Bear Toss week is in full effect. While the box office is closed on Thanksgiving, you have until 5 p.m. today, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Friday, and Saturday starting at noon to grab your seats. You can always purchase them online as well or save money with a 3-Pack by calling our office. We’re open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday. Can you throw better than Erin Briscoe and Aaron Perlman?
– Who will score the goal? I have no idea. But here are some fun facts about the 17-year history of Teddy Bear Toss in Condorstown.
– NUMBER OF BEARS: 103,475 all-time for a 6,087 average. Last year’s 7,908 was less than 200 off the record.
– GOAL SCORER NATIONALITY: Canada (13), United States (3), Russian (1)
– EARLIEST GOAL: Kale Kessy just 33 seconds in back in 2013-14. Get in your seats.
– JERSEY NUMBER: Odd numbers have scored 11 of the 17, including the No. 11 scoring five of the 17 goals.
– You guys miss Thanksgiving huh? Not really. Sure, we travel four hours North, but we’ll enjoy a nice team meal tomorrow night. Rookies tell jokes. It’s a good time.
– One final thing: whether you’re in Bakersfield, Boston, Idaho, Utah, New Jersey, Edmonton (do you get to celebrate again up there?!), or wherever, have a Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for reading.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty is in his sixth season with the Condors. Early estimates are that he will gain six pounds this week. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, and blog ideas.