Days like today I’m reminded of the training scene in S.W.A.T. when they have to take a back a hijacked plane. More so for the song, but also because this season kind of has a Condors swooping in and taking back something feel to it.
Time is running out…
The chase, excitement, and the unknown are all what make the final weeks of the regular season the best time of the season. And time is running out…
This is a blog about time, and as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
– Speaking of S.W.A.T. and what a great time the Outdoor Classic was, NHL Alumni-Celebrity Game participant Jay Harrington landed a leading role in the upcoming S.W.A.T. TV show. Congrats!
‘SWAT’: Jay Harrington To Star In CBS Drama Pilot Inspired By Movie – Deadline https://t.co/4iVos4M2Tm
— Movie tweet (@Movietweet365) March 14, 2017
– It’s no secret that Condors captain Ryan Hamilton has missed some time the past month, but is in good spirits and gave an update this week on Condors Unleashed.
– Before they got to closing time last night at Valley View Casino Center, this happened between San Diego and San Jose. I’d imagine the Gulls might be a player or two short come Friday with those secondary altercations and game misconducts late in the game.
Wracked up some mileage in the PIMs department tonight 😬 pic.twitter.com/hftyYQwmWg
— San Diego Gulls (@SDGullsAHL) March 23, 2017
– That was a timely win for San Diego last night, who pull one point back of San Jose for the top spot in the Pacific Division. 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 in the first round best-of-five.
— AHL Communications (@AHLPR) March 23, 2017
– Bakersfield’s sweep of Tucson meant the Roadrunners can book a tee time for mid-April. Since then, Tucson lost in San Antonio and salvaged a point against Texas. But, with three teams to jump, they’re done. Really remarkable considering they were in first in mid-January, but have won just four games since then. That said, they’re up the 99 on the last day of the season so the Condors may need them.
– Speaking of the Stars, it’s not quittin’ time yet. They would need the Condors and Heat to absolutely tank, but they do play the team up the 99 three times this week. If you’re Bakersfield, root for 1) all games to end in regulation and 2) Texas to take 2 of 3.
– It’s that time of the year where we start looking at who could potentially join the Condors down the stretch. D Ethan Bear (WHL D-man of the Year for the Western Conference) and D Caleb Jones (Portland) are both in separate playoff series in the WHL. Recently signed D Ryan Mantha (OHL – Niagara) is in the playoffs as well. Of the three, Mantha’s team figures to be eliminated in the first round. That would still be 8-11 days away at minimum, so I wouldn’t expect anyone until at least the Texas trip.
— #WHLPlayoffs (@TheWHL) March 22, 2017
– Heat check time for Jaedon Descheneau. The rookie has goals in each of his last four games and seven points over seven games. He joined me on Insider last night.
– Still time left to take advantage of some ticket deals. Head to Les Schwab Tires (any location) to pick up a 2-for-1 coupon for Friday’s game, or donate blood at Houchin Community Blood Bank before Tuesday’s game to get a 2-for-1 voucher to that game. Players will be at the Truxtun location from 5-7 p.m. tonight to meet those donating blood.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty is the voice of the Condors in his sixth season. Ketchup does not belong on a hot dog. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an email to RHolt@BakersfieldCondors.com with questions, comments, or blog ideas.