CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, picked up two wins in a slow week for the team, running their home winning streak to four games. The Condors have the second-best winning percentage in the Western Conference since Nov. 27 with a record of 21-10-1-2 (.662). Only the Alaska Aces have a better winning percentage in that time.
Bakersfield is in 7th place in the Western Conference, at 24-22-1-3 and 54 points in the standings. They sit five points behind 6th place Stockton with two games in hand. In the tight Western Conference standings, however, they are also just 10 points behind 3rd place Colorado, who comes to town this weekend.
Saturday, Feb. 22 – CONDORS 3 vs. Las Vegas 1
- C Greg Miller made his Condors debut Saturday and added an assist. He is 3rd among all ECHL rookies in goals and points, and is only six points behind the rookie scoring lead.
- Brossoit leads the league with a 1.78 GAA and a .933 save percentage. His 6 shutouts also lead the league.
- RW Jordan Knackstedt is tied for the league lead with five game winning goals.
- Bakersfield has climbed to 8th in the ECHL defensively with a 2.76 goals against average. They also rank 2nd in the ECHL by allowing just 26.6 shots per game.
- D Erik Burgdoerfer has four goals in his last four games, climbing to 9 on the season. He is 3rd in the ECHL in shooting percentage for blueliners (12.9%).
- The Condors are 19-4-1-0 when scoring the first goal of the game. Only two teams in the league have a higher winning pct. when taking a 1-0 lead.
Save pct: Brossoit – .933
Tuesday, Feb. 25 – Condors at Las Vegas
- Game time 7:05
- Condors have seven games remaining against Las Vegas
Friday, Feb. 28 – Faith & Family Night – FCA Bible Giveaway
- Condors vs. Colorado Eagles
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes member and Condors star Gary Steffes will address the crowd after the game to share his mission
- Will give away 1,000 hockey-themed bibles featuring Steffes
- Sponsored by KERI 1410
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7
Sunday, Mar. 2 – Hockey Puck Soap Giveaway
- Condors vs. Idaho Steelheads
- The first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a bar of soap that resembles a hockey puck
- Sponsored by KNZR 1560 AM and 97.7 FM
- Doors open at 3 p.m., the puck drops at 4
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” video webcast airs Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m. on www.Bakersfield.com. Check out www.Condors.TV for segments from past episodes.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show airs live every Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.
Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for ticket information.