Kessel and Lukacevic bring experience to Condorstown
CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that the team has signed D Blake Kessel and LW Ned Lukacevic.
KESSEL – click here for career stats
- 24 years old, 6’2″, 210 lbs., Madison, Wisconsin
- Drafted in the 6th round (#166 overall) by the New York Islanders in 2007.
- Finished second among ECHL defensemen in scoring last season with 41 points (8g-33a) in 54 games with the Trenton Titans.
- Played seven games with Adirondack of the American Hockey League (AHL) last season with two goals and two assists for four points.
- Began his professional career in 2011-12 with the Phantoms notching one goal and 17 assists for 18 points in 56 games.
- Standout college career at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) including becoming the seventh Wildcat to earn All-American honors twice.
- Turned pro after his junior season, when he was named a Hockey East First-Team All-Star.
- Finished with 78 points (21g-57a) in 114 games with UNH.
- Brother of Phil, currently in the NHL with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Troy’s take: “A really good puck-moving defenseman who will see some power-play time and can produce points from the back end. He has good size and we’re looking forward to his contributions this season.”
LUKACEVIC – click here for career stats
- 27 years old, 6’0″, 201 lbs., was born in what is nowMontenegro, but grew up in British Columbia, Canada.
- Drafted in the 4th round (#110 overall) by the Los Angeles Kings in 2004.
- Entering his eighth professional season, spent mostly in the AHL and ECHL with 334 combined games.
- In 2009-10, he had his best professional season in the ECHL with 65 points (28g-37a) in 61 games as a member of the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Troy’s take: “A veteran winger who can play in all situations. He has AHL experience and can provide some scoring for us this season.”
Home games this Friday and Saturday:
The Condors host two games this weekend. On Friday, Oct. 25 they host the Stockton Thunder and everyone will get a team poster, sponsored by Fox Sports Radio 970 and Castle Printing Group.
Saturday night, Oct. 26 is One Direction Night, sponsored by KLLY 95.3 and Dignity Health. The first 2,000 fans 17 and under get a 12″ One Direction standee, and 20 lucky fans will win a life-size cutout of a member of your favorite British Boy Band.
Ticket Plan Holders Meet the Team on Saturday
Following the game, season ticket holders can come up to the Club Room and meet the entire team. Make sure to bring your team poster from Friday night back and collect all of their signatures.
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.