https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2015_02_15_fiftyshades.jpg 380 669 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2015-02-05 15:47:172015-02-10 09:46:24Laters, Baby – Condors to wear 50 shades of grey
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that the team is kicking the second annual Undie Sunday (February 15, 5:30 p.m.) up a notch with the unveiling of 50 Shades of Grey jerseys for charity.
“Nobody has more fun,” Condors Team President Matthew Riley said about the evening.
UNDIE SUNDAY – 50 SHADES OF GREY JERSEYS OFF OUR BACKS
- Sunday, Feb. 15, 5:30 p.m., Rabobank Arena (Buy tickets)
- When the Condors score their first goal of the game, fans are invited to throw NEW undergarments (bras, underwear, t-shirts, socks, boxers, diapers etc) on the ice to be collected by Dream Builders and donated to local charities. (WATCH: Last year’s Undie Sunday Toss)
- Last season, the Condors collected and donated nearly 6,000 pieces of clothing for charity including 1,096 pairs of socks, 2,773 pair of underwear, 1,747 diapers, and 55 bras on Undie Sunday
- The Condors will wear special 50 Shades of Grey jerseys (sponsored by 97.3 JACK FM), and after the game the players will strip them off to be auctioned off post-game to benefit the Kern Adult Literacy Council
- The jerseys literally feature 50 shades of the color grey, along with a necktie, masquerade mask, and handcuffs which are all featured on the cover of the widely-popular trilogy. Rejected jersey designs were admittedly more “interesting”.
- On the side, a trio of book outlines are stacked as if on a shelf and the catchphrase “Laters Baby” from the book is linked with the handcuffs on the lower back
- The Condors will look to dominate the game, and hopefully whip the Aces
- More than 100 million books have been sold with nearly 400,000 copies purchased each week; the trilogy is the first to sell more than 1,000,000 e-copies on Amazon Kindle
- A perfect tie-in for the game, the film adaption (with a trailer that has been viewed more than 250 million times) hits theaters on Friday, Feb. 13
- When you go to see the movie, bring your ticket stub from Maya Cinemas and receive 2-for-1 admission to this Condors game
- Arrive hungry and take advantage of the Sunday Family Pizza Deal – get a pizza and four sodas for just $25!!!
TIP A CONDOR – BUY NOW; Monday Feb. 9 – 5-8 p.m. at the Firehouse
Time is running out to purchase tickets for a most-anticipated event full of fun, food, and entertainment. Click here to purchase tickets or get them at the Condors front office. Tickets include dinner and a chance to interact with the entire team. Great items available at auction with proceeds benefiting the Kern County Shrine Club.
SAVE MONEY. GET A HAT TRICK 3-PACK!
Save over 20% and choose ANY three games to attend the REMAINDER of the regular season. Undie Sunday (Feb. 15), Youth Jersey Giveaway (Feb. 21) and Dodgers/Angels Batting Helmet Giveaway (Mar. 13) are all available with the Hat Trick 3-Pack. Packages start as low as $30, so get yours today by calling 324-PUCK (7825) or click here.