CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, revealed a new oil-themed, superhero mascot at the Kern County Museum earlier today. As part of the festivities, a “Name the Mascot” contest has commenced presented by Kern Citizens for Energyand Petroleum Club of Bakersfield.
“The mascot provides another link between the Oilers, the community of Edmonton, and here in Kern County,” said Condors Team President Matthew Riley. “There have been tough times in the oil industry lately, and we look to our oil-themed superhero to help save the day!”
ABOUT THE NAME THE MASCOT CONTEST:
- Anyone can submit a name via @Condors on Twitter/Instagram, on the Condors Facebookpage, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Entries will be accepted through September 21, 2015 at which point the finalists will be selected and put up for a vote on Bakersfieldcondors.com.
- Should your suggestion be selected as the mascot’s name, you will win the grand prize of four tickets and sit on the player bench during warmups on Opening Night, Friday, Oct. 9, when the Condors take on the Grand Rapids Griffins at Rabobank Arena.
- Presented by Kern Citizens for Energy and Petroleum Club of Bakersfield
ABOUT THE MASCOT:
- Standing 6’3″ tall and weighing a svelte 210 lbs., the newest mascot streamed into Condorstown out of the pipeline linking Bakersfield and Edmonton.
- Hits the gym daily and never misses leg day.
- Belt buckle features the team’s secondary mascot which includes the Condors iconic talon and an oil drop.
- Blue and orange cape allows for easy air travel.
- Will join the Condors’ Army led by Colonel Claw’d and Baby Cal on game nights and around the community.
BE A PART OF HISTORY – OPENING WEEKEND OCT. 9 & 10
Join the Condors on their historic move to the American Hockey League in 2015-16. Become a ticket member and enjoy all of the great benefits by contacting the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) orclick here for more information.
NHL PRESEASON GAME IN BAKERSFIELD – MONDAY, SEPT. 21
The Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings will play an NHL preseason game at Rabobank Arena on Monday, Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at the Rabobank Arena box office or online by clicking here.