CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that the team has signed LW Michael Neal off waivers from the Orlando Solar Bears. In corresponding transactions, the team has released D Scott Macaulay and F Blair Macaulay.
NEAL – click here for career stats
- 24 years old, Whitby, Ontario, 6’2″, 190 lbs.
- 5th round NHL draft pick (#149) of the Dallas Stars in 2007.
- Played three seasons split between Dallas’ American Hockey League (AHL) in Texas and in the ECHL with Idaho.
- His best season came in 2012-13 while with the Orlando Solar Bears where he potted 12 goals and added 20 assists for 32 points in 46 games.
- Has played 212 games at the ECHL level with 30 goals and 57 assists for 87 points.
- Brother, James, is in the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Troy’s take: “He’s a big body who skates well and can provide some secondary scoring for us. I thought after this past weekend that we needed to get a little bigger and he provides that. He’s also good on the penalty kill and we will use him in those situations.”
Home games this Friday and Saturday:
The Condors host two games this weekend. On Friday, Oct. 25 they host the Stockton Thunder and everyone will get a team poster, sponsored by Fox Sports Radio 970 and Castle Printing Group.
Saturday night, Oct. 26 is One Direction Night, sponsored by KLLY 95.3 and Dignity Health. The first 2,000 fans 17 and under get a 12″ One Direction standee, and 20 lucky fans will win a life-size cutout of a member of your favorite British Boy Band.
Ticket Plan Holders Meet the Team on Saturday
Following the game, season ticket holders can come up to the Club Room and meet the entire team. Make sure to bring your team poster from Friday night back and collect all of their signatures.
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.