https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Burgy_Release.jpg 300 600 condors https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BAK-Website-Header_2324.png condors2016-05-02 13:23:572016-05-02 13:23:57NEED TO KNOW: Bear and Bears
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Every Monday, the Condors will give you what you need to know about Condorstown and the world of hockey for the upcoming week. Here we go…
RYAN HAMILTON RE-SIGNS FOR TWO SEASONS
- Condors captain Ryan Hamilton re-signed in Bakersfield to an AHL deal for two seasons. He was on hand for the announcement along with wife Alexa and daughter Madeline which 23 ABC’s Stephen Hicks reported on here
BEAR LEADS T-BIRDS TO WHL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- Oilers prospect and Seattle Thunderbirds d-man Ethan Bear has had a big hand in getting Seattle to the WHL Championship Series against the Brandon Wheat Kings
- Bear, drafted by Edmonton in the 5th round of the 2015 NHL Draft, is second on the team in scoring with 15 points (6g-9a) in 13 games
- Former Condors (ECHL) Head Coach Matt O’Dette is an assistant coach with the T-Birds with a focus on defensive corps.
OILERS TO PICK FOURTH IN JUNE’S NHL ENTRY DRAFT
- The Edmonton Oilers received the fourth pick in June’s NHL Entry Draft as a result of the Draft Lottery held on Saturday
- TSN held a mock draft post-lottery and has Cape Breton (QMJHL) winger Pierre-Luc Dubois slotted in the four spot
LOS CONDORS JERSEY AUCTION ENDS THURSDAY
AHL AND NHL PLAYOFFS REACH SECOND ROUND
Former Condors captain, D Erik Burgdoerfer, and the Hershey Bears advanced to the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs thanks to a Game 5 win over the Portland Pirates
The Bears now take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins) in the fourth straight season that NHL/AHL affiliates have met in both the NHL and AHL playoffs
Out west, San Diego and Ontario will decide the Pacific Division champion with the winner to face with Grand Rapids or Lake Erie
In the NHL, the San Jose Sharks took a 2-0 series lead over Nashville last night with the other three series each level at 1-1
FIELD TRIP DAY – LOWER BOWL SOLD OUT LAST YEAR – BOOK NOW!
Everyone’s favorite field trip, the Condors annual Field Trip Educational Day, will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 10:30 a.m. Commit your school or class today by calling 324-PUCK (7825). The day includes educational themed games, a take-home booklet, a nutritious lunch, and plenty of fun for all ages! Don’t wait until school starts up in the fall to book your classroom or school today!