https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015_0609NeedToKnow.jpg 380 669 condors https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BAK-Website-Header_2324.png condors2015-06-09 12:32:032015-06-09 12:33:46NEED to Know – Volume 8
NEED to Know – Volume 8
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, are set for the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2015-16. Throughout the offseason, the team will give you a “What you need to know” synopsis around the world of hockey.
1. LAST WEEK OF HOCKEY
- It is officially the last full week of hockey as the NHL, AHL, and ECHL all crown achampion within the next eight days.
- NHL: the Tampa Bay Lightning lead the Chicago Blackhawks, 2-1, after winning Game 3 last night in Chicago.
- Fun fact: four of the five goal scorers and the winning goaltender last night were players who played in the AHL. Remarkably, 21 of the 24 active Lightning team played in the AHL. Game 4 is Wednesday night. (5 p.m. // NBCSN)
- AHL: the Manchester Monarchs (LA Kings) lead the Utica Comets (Vancouver Canucks), 2-0 in the Calder Cup Finals, after winning both games in overtime at home. Game 3 is Wednesday night at 4 p.m. and you can watch the game for free.
- ECHL: the South Carolina Stingrays host the Allen Americans tonight in a pivotal Game 5 with the series tied, 2-2.
2. DEMOLITION, UHAULS, AND NEW GEAR
- The Condors front office took last week off to recharge the batteries and returned yesterday to find two 26′ UHauls packed to the gills with locker room furniture, equipment, and workout machines. The trucks made the 1,342 mile journey from Oklahoma City.
- Speaking of the locker room and team area, demolition continues inside Rabobank Arena to make the team facilities one of the finest in the AHL.
- Check out Condors.TV later this week for video from down in the construction zone.
3. OILERS SIGN TWO LEADING AHL SCORERS FROM LAST SEASON
- The Oilers signed two players yesterday, RW Andrew Miller and D Brad Hunt, to NHLcontracts.
- Miller led the Oilers AHL team last season in scoring, and tied for 15th in the AHL, with 60 points (27g-33a) in 63 games. He had six points (1g-5a) in nine games with Edmonton. That goal, his first NHL tally, came on a penalty shot.
- Hunt was one of the AHL’s top offensive d-men with 51 points (19g-32a) in 62 games. His 19 goals tied for the AHL league lead and his 51 points were fourth among AHL blueliners.
4. “MR. RILEY GOES TO EDMONTON”
- Condors Team President Matthew Riley was in Edmonton last week for meetings with Oilers Entertainment Group. He posed for a picture with The Great One…
AHL CONDORS MEMBERSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE!
Be part of history as the Condors move to the American Hockey League in 2015-16. Ticket memberships are on sale now and ensure that you get the best benefits, exclusive invites, and more! Contact the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) or click here for more information.