CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today the club has been assigned 2008 first-round draft pick G Chet Pickard from their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, Oklahoma City. In addition, F Joel Broda returns from the Barons, the team signed rookie F Spencer Bennett and released G Paul Karpowich.
Pickard (PICK-erd) – career stats
- 23 years old, 6’2″, 210 lbs., Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Drafted in the 1st round (#18 overall) by the NashvillePredators in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Spent three seasons in the Predators system with an overall professional record of 38-46-9, including a 15-20-4 mark in the AHL with Milwaukee.
- Tremendous junior career included winning the Western Hockey League’s Goaltender of the Year award twice.
- Was named the Canadian Hockey League’s Goalie of the Year and a 1st team all-star in 2007-08.
- Finished his junior career with a record of 107-43-9, a 2.48 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage.
- Won gold with Team Canada at the 2009 U-20 World Junior Championships.
Bennett – career stats
- 23 years old, 6’3″, 190 lbs., White Rock, British Columbia
- Drafted in the 5th round (#141) by Calgary in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- Played 25 games last year in the ECHL, mostly with Alaska and scored eight goals with seven assists for 15 points.
- Appeared in five playoff games last season with the Aces.
- Played two seasons in the WHL, both with Portland and finished with 110 points (56g-54a) in 143 games.
Star Wars Night Saturday & Gettysburg Address Jerseys Sunday
- Saturday, Nov. 9 is Star Wars Night, sponsored by My45,KERN 1180 and Cal Water.
- Star Wars characters will be in attendance, posing for pictures in the Condors Photo Booth and walking the concourse.
- The first 2,000 fans 17 and under will get an Angry Birds Star Wars backpack clip.
- Camelot Park and Wells Fargo Condors Kids Club Night – all members of the kids club receive complimentary lower level admission to this game, by presenting their member ID card at the box office. For information on membership, which costs just $10 for the season, call 324-PUCK (7825).
- Sunday, Nov. 10 the Condors host Gettysburg Address Jersey Off Our Backs Night, sponsored by KUZZ 107.9 and Bud Light. The jerseys honor the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address and the auction will benefit Bakersfield ARC.
- Everyone at the game can win one of five of the game-issued jerseys to be raffled off.
- Coat Collection Night, sponsored by Schlumberger – donate a new or gently used coat and get a terrace level ticket for just $1 (plus facilityfee). The coats will be donated to the Mission at Kern County.
- Military Appreciation Night – all veterans and military personnel will receive free lower level admission by presenting their military ID (while supplies last).
- “B” Better Bakersfield Night – students from kindergarten to college who bring a recent report card showing a GPA of 3.0 (or a ‘B’) or better will receive a half-priced ticket.
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.