STOCKTON, Calif. – LW Chris Collins scored twice, C Chase Schaber scored a late equalizer, and the Bakersfield Condors (2-10-0-1, 5pts) picked up a 4-3 shootout victory over the Stockton Thunder (7-4-0-1, 15pts) on Sunday night at Stockton Arena.
- No scoring in the period; Shots even at 9-9.
- Condors Goal: LW Chris Collins (2) poked home a loose puck after a scramble at the side of the cage on the power play. Time of goal: 9:03; unassisted. Condors lead, 1-0
- Condors Goal: Collins (3) sniped his second of the night from the right-wing circle. Time of goal: 19:07. Assist: Schaber. Condors lead, 2-0
- Shots: 26-17 in favor of Bakersfield
- Thunder goal: F Greg Miller from the bottom of the right-wing circle on the power play. Time of goal: 3:00; Condors lead, 2-1
- Thunder goal: F Corey Trivino potted home a rebound. Time of goal: 9:45; Game tied, 2-2
- Thunder goal: F Ryan Hayes from the side of the net off a feed from behind the cage beat G Chet Pickard. Time of goal: 12:21; Thunder lead, 3-2
- Condors Goal: C Chase Schaber wrist shot from the left half-wall beat G Brian Foster short side. Time of goal: 16:24;Game tied, 3-3
- Condors unsuccessful on an overtime power play.
- F Jordan Knackstedt scores the lone goal of the shootout.
- Pickard denied all five shots.
- Condors win, 4-3.
- 3 Stars: 1. Knackstedt (BAK); 2. Hayes (STK); 3. Schaber (STK)
- Final shots on goal: BAK-41 | STK – 28
- Power plays: BAK- 1/5 | STK 1/4
- The Condors traded F Brett Lyon to Fort Wayne for future considerations earlier in the day.
- Knackstedt is now 2-2 on shootout attempts.
- The 41 shots was a season-high for Bakersfield
- Condors scratches: Garlock, Steffes, Morley,
Canned Food Drive and Hunger Games = $1 tickets
The Condors head out on the road for two contests in Ontario next Friday and Saturday. Listen to all the action on Fox Sports 970 or through the iHeartRadio App on your phone.
The team returns to home ice on Tuesday, Nov. 26 against the San Francisco Bulls for Canned Food Drive Night, sponsored by La Preciosa 105.3. Get a $1 ticket with the donation of two non-perishable food items. Also, in honor of the release of “Hunger Games: Catching Fire”, bring your ticket from any showing of the film at Maya Cinemas and receive $1 admission to the game.
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.