- CONDORS goal: F Andrew Carroll (3rd) redirection from the side of the net (Steffes, Little assists) at 9:23; BAK leads 1-0
- CONDORS goal: C Joel Broda (7th) on a rebound from the left side of the crease at 10:35 (Knackstedt, Schaber assists); BAK leads 2-0
- CONDORS goal: RW Jordan Knackstedt (5th) knocked in a feed from the right side of the net at 15:20 (Schaber, Leach assists); BAK leads 3-0
- Shots: BAK – 14 | AK – 9
- Aces goal: LW Tom Mele with a redirection off a point shot at 1:43, BAK leads 3-1
- CONDORS goal: F Chase Schaber (4th) on the power play from the slot (Thurber, Bowman assists) at 12:20; Condors lead, 4-1
- Aces goal: C Jordan Morrison nabbed a rebound and buried it at 15:11; BAK leads 4-2
- Aces goal: C Nick Mazzolini finished off a 2-on-2 rush at 16:22; BAK leads 4-3
- Shots: BAK – 7 | AK – 10
- CONDORS goal: LW Chris Collins (4th) battled to center ice and ripped a shot from the red line into the empty net to seal the win (Broda, Burgdoerfer assists): 18:50; Condors lead, 5-3
- Alaska goal: LW Turner Elson chipped a redirected shot home with just 16 seconds left in the game; Condors lead, 5-4
- Shots: BAK – 8 | AK – 12
W: Brossoit (10-3; 32/28)
- Three Stars: 1. Schaber (BAK), 2. Knackstedt (BAK), 3. Broda (BAK)
- Final shots: BAK – 29 | AK – 32
- Power plays: BAK – 1/7 | AK – 0/5
- C Joel Broda tied the Condors single-season playoff mark with his 7th goal of the postseason (Dave Bonk, 2005-06)
- F Chase Schaber (1g-2a) had a multi-point night. He also set a new team record for points by a rookie in a playoff season (10 points).
- The Condors have had a lead entering the third period in all three games of the series.
- LW Chris Collins has goals in all three games of the Conference Finals.
- RW Jordan Knackstedt has 12 points (5g-7a) in the last nine games, with four multi-point outings.
- C Matt Thurber has assists in all three games of the series.
- Scratches: Joe, Gawryletz, Bennett, Holmberg,
$5 Margaritas for the Conference Finals next weekend!
The Condors invite everyone to cool down for Games 4 & 5 next weekend with $5 margaritas for every game. Friday, the team will hand out commemorative Western Conference Finals rally towels and everyone is asked to wear WHITE for a white out all weekend long! Tara, the super ninja cat, who saved a little Bakersfield boy and Condors fan two days ago, will drop the puck on Friday night.
Come watch history in the making and save $$ by calling 324-PUCK (7825)
WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
Condors (#6) vs. Alaska Aces (#1) – all times Pacific
G1 – Fri, 5/16, L, AK 2 vs. BAK 1
G2 – Sat, 5/17, W, BAK 3 at AK 2 (OT)
G3 – Fri, 5/23, W, BAK 5 vs. AK 4
G4 – Sat, 5/24, in Bakersfield (7 p.m.)
G5 – Sun, 5/25, in Bakersfield (6 p.m.)
G6 – Tues, 5/27, at Alaska (8:15 p.m.)
G7 – Wed, 5/28, at Alaska (8:15 p.m.)
WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS
Condors (#6) def, Stockton Thunder (#7) (4-games-to-1)
WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
Condors (#6) def. Utah Grizzlies (#3), (4-games-to-1)
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian airs weekly on www.Bakersfield.com Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.