#6 Bakersfield Condors vs. #7 Stockton Thunder
[home team in CAPS]
Game 1: (Fri, May 2) W – 3-2
Game 2: (Sat, May 3) W – 2-0
Game 3: (Wed, May 7) Condors vs. STOCKTON, 7 p.m.
Game 4: (Fri, May 9) Condors vs. STOCKTON, 7:30 p.m.
Game 5: (Sat, May 10) Condors vs. STOCKTON, 7:30 p.m.*
Game 6: (Tue, May 13) CONDORS vs. Stockton, 7 p.m.*
Game 7: (Wed, May 14) CONDORS vs. Stockton, 7 p.m.** – if necessary
Notes from the Nest:
- G Laurent Brossoit has more shutouts (3) in seven playoff games this season, than the Condors have had in 74 previous playoff games in team history (2). Rejean Beauchemin and J.P. Levasseur recorded the other shutouts in the post-season.
- Brossoit is 2nd in the league with both a 1.23 GAA and a .955 save percentage. He leads the ECHL in shutouts (3) and wins (6), is 4th in minutes and 5th in saves.
- LW Chris Collins has a five-game point streak (1g-5a).
- The Condors offense ranks 6th in the ECHL in the post-season, but they have only one scorer among the top 23 in playoff scoring. Collins is tied for 14th.
- Bakersfield leads the playoffs with a 1.29 team goals against average. Alaska (1.67) is the only other team below 2.00 left.
- D Joey Leach leads the ECHL with a +8.
- F Nick MacNeil, who rejoined the team last week, scored a goal in his playoff debut in Game 2 Saturday night.
- All but one skater for the Condors in the playoffs has recorded a point. F Mitch Holmberg is the exception, and he has only played two games.
- F Ryan Watson recorded the first fighting major of the playoffs for Bakersfield, coming during the dust-up after the final buzzer Saturday night.
Condors Playoff Leaders:
Points – Collins (6)
Goals – Broda, Miller (3)
Assists – Collins (5)
Penalty minutes – Leach (12)
+/- – Leach (+8)
Wins – Brossoit (6)
GAA – Brossoit (1.23)
Save pct. – Brossoit (.955)
VIEWING PARTY AT RABOBANK ARENA FRIDAY
Friday, May 9 – Game 4 at Stockton, 7:30 p.m.
Fans are invited to Rabobank Arena this Friday night for a Watch Party, as the Condors and Thunder do battle in Game 4 from Stockton Arena. Game time is 7:30 p.m.. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The event is free with the donation of two non-perishable food items, which will be donated to local charities. Food and drink options will be available through concession stands as well.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian, will not air this week due to team travel. The show can normally be seen on www.Bakersfield.com Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.