Mar. 3, 2014
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, went 2-0-1-0 in three games last week. Victories on the road in Las Vegas and at home against Idaho yesterday – in their biggest win in four years – coupled with an overtime loss to Colorado, gave them five out of a possible six points.
Bakersfield is in 7th place in the Western Conference, at 26-22-2-3 and 57 points in the standings. They sit two points behind 6th place Stockton, with a Tuesday showdown against the Thunder up next.
Friday, Feb. 28 – Colorado 4 vs. CONDORS 3 (OT)
Sunday, Mar. 2 – CONDORS 7 vs. Idaho 1
- LW Chris Collins was the Condors nominee for CCM ECHL Player of the Month. He recorded 17 points (6g-11a) in 11 games during February.
- Collins extended his point streak to four games. He has eight points during the streak.
- C Ryan Watson returned from a 17-game injured stint last weekend. He had a three-point game on Sunday (2g-1a). He also ranks 3rd in the ECHL in shooting pct. (25.5%)
- D Erik Burgdoerfer broke a Condors record by going +6 yesterday. Watson also finished +5, which was the previous team record. Burgdoerfer’s +6 is also an ECHL season high.
- G Laurent Brossoit is 2nd in the league with a 1.96 GAA and a .926 save percentage. His 6 shutouts also lead the league.
- RW Jordan Knackstedt leads the ECHL with six game-winning goals.
- C Greg Miller is tied for 2nd in ECHL rookie scoring with 42 points (17g-25a). He is also tied for the rookie lead with 7 power play goals.
- The Condors penalty kill is 2nd in the ECHL at 89%.
Save pct: Brossoit – .926
Tuesday, Mar. 4 – $1 Hot dogs, 1/2 priced beer and Bright House Networks Night
- Condors vs. Stockton Thunder
- $1 hot dogs all night long
- 1/2 priced beer through the end of the first intermission
- Bring your Bright House cable bill to the box office and receive up to four free tickets
- Sponsored by Bright House Networks and HOT 94.1
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” video webcast airs Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m. on www.Bakersfield.com. Check out www.Condors.TV for segments from past episodes.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show airs live every Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.
Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for ticket information.